Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Argh. Spotting? 15 yrs post meno!  (Read 2630 times)

CrazyD

Argh. Spotting? 15 yrs post meno!
« on: December 06, 2023, 03:04:05 PM »

I am now about 15 years since last period, (chemically induced by chemo), only been back on HRT for a few months and still trying to get the right balance. I am now on 1.5 patches (Evorel 25) increased by half a patch as they didn't seem to be quite removing symptoms. Moved to patches when gel caused migraines. Plus 100mg Utrogestan.

I am yesterday and today getting a bit of pink/traces of blood, and feel a bit 'period'-like.

Does anyone know what might be causing this, would it be because oestrogen level is now too high??

sheila99

Re: Argh. Spotting? 15 yrs post meno!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 04:24:50 PM »

100mg utro should be enough for up to 100 patch. They say you can get some bleeding for 3-6 months in any new conti regime but if you're worried about it I would speak to your gp.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 04:56:44 PM »

Hormones  ::) upset by the sudden HRT mayB.

I would speak to my GP anyway. A scan may give a base line from which to work.  If your GP isn't supportive, as for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic especially as there are waiting lists, both NHS and private.

let us know how you get on.

CrazyD

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 05:09:06 PM »

Thanks ladies, it's been a surprise as I've been back on the HRT for 4 months now. (Started with 1 pump gel, moved to 25 patches 2 months ago)
It's just really frustrating as I was doing SO well on the gel until the migraines started again, and although they have not reoccurred with patches, the patches are not making me feel as good, and I've had odd side-effects. I have a GP appointment booked next week. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 05:13:42 PM »

Take a list, let us know how you get on.

CrazyD

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 10:44:20 AM »

Update on my above thread - saw GP yesterday, she did an exam, as I still have an area of discomfort after the 'period' pain settled which seems to be my left ovary or in that area. She also said she could see signs of blood in there, and has referred me for a scan, which will be 6 weeks and I have to come off HRT until then. :( Although I can still use the Ovestin (relief!) Also blood test booked. So unfortunately here come all the hot flushes, mood swings, lack of sleep, achy joints and horrible dry skin and eyes again....... :( :(

MrsMitch

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »

I totally sympathise with you CrazyD, just had a scan myself for the same symptom and I've been told to stop all hrt until I have a hysteroscopy.
Yep, not looking forward to hot flushes and sleepless nights either.

Nellf

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 09:55:47 AM »

Hi ladies.   I'm on estraderm 75 and was told that I had to increase my utrogestan to 200mg which i take vaginally.  Apparently the guidelines have changed so I would check to see if you are getting enough progesterone to cover.  Perhaps that's why you had some spotting.  Hope this helps x