Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Prolapse  (Read 1849 times)

purplebee

Prolapse
« on: December 01, 2023, 07:33:53 AM »

I found a couple of soft lumps outside my cervix yesterday and saw a GP who examined me a diagnosed a suspected prolapse. I am so worried. Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice (comfort) they can provide please?. 

Dierdre

Re: Prolapse
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 10:59:55 AM »

What treatment have you been given? Local estrogen and physiotherapy are usually prescribe for prolapse.

purplebee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 11:35:27 AM »

Hi Dierdre,
No treatment, I was diagnosed as having a prolapse and referred to a Gynaecologist which will take 4 to 6 weeks. The GP suggested i would/could be fitted with a pessary ring to pop whatever is protruding from my cervix back into position.

purplebee

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 05:59:47 PM »

Anyone?  I'm feeling quite sore down there .. slight period cramps. I think the speculum upset the works..Hope it goes away soon..

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 08:35:29 PM »

Hi. I've had both womb and bladder prolapse. It can feel scary when you are first diagnosed but it's not something that is going to harm you. It will make you feel uncomfortable at times and you may be able to improve it with the right regime if pelvic floor exercises. Do you do them already? I'll try to find a link which tells you what things will worsen prolapses.

Taz x

purplebee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 11:30:52 AM »

Thank you so much Taz. I'm doing some pelvic floor exercises (Kugel) It's kicked off my IBS so I'm trying to manage that at the moment too.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 05:35:18 PM »

Have you always done them? If not then start slowly or you will really tire the muscles.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2023, 05:37:10 PM »

Have you looked at this link which explains things a bit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pelvic-organ-prolapse/

Taz x

purplebee

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »

Thanks Taz,
I'm doing just a few a day.. taking it easy.

kathryn22

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 02:51:30 PM »

Hi Purplebee
I’m quite new to this site and have just seen your post when I was browsing for info. I was told I had two prolapses back in Sept,as well as Atrophy
The wait in this area for a gynaecologist appointment is 12 months plus so am using private insurance and being seen in January. It’s such a horrible condition and it might be quite common,but, when it’s you it feels very isolating and it does have such a negative impact on your quality of life. I think that I’ve had problems for a while but it was only when the atrophy suddenly flared up that it was found despite having had the usual smears etc fairly recently. I have been given the usual meds for the atrophy(not very effective) and the GP has attempted x 3 to put a vaginal ring in to hold it all up, but just can’t keep them in and the last one was so painful I’ve decided not to try again. I think it’s really important to do pelvic floor exercises.Have you heard of the Squeezy App? its brilliant and sends you reminders when it’s time to exercise. Give it a try, at least you will have shown that your trying when you get your consultation Good Luck and just try to remember not every day is a bad one (apparently 😉🤔)

kathryn22

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 04:44:35 PM »

Hi Purplebee
Just noticed you mentioned your IBS playing up. Could be because of the stress I have it to and it’s always reactive to any stress and change Problem is it doesn’t help when your digestive system is pushing things through like a steam train puts more pressure on the prolapse but if you try to slow things up you just stop working which is just as bad
There’s suspicion that IBS (20yrs plus)is a contributing factor to my problem ..Poor you I really do know what your going  through

KaraShannon

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2023, 12:49:39 AM »

Purplebee

I just wanted to add that I get prolapse symptoms a week before my period and they seem a little more pronounced this last month.  I think the hrt might be giving me the period now so it may be time for me to go on a continous regime, but re the IBS symptoms.  I've got IBS since being on HRT, or perhaps menopause brought it on, I never had anything before.  I have noticed when I try kegels it can start my IBS off.  So I know what you mean, it's like you can't just do kegels anywhere.  I try to do them when I know I'll be at home.  I must step it up though, it's hard doing all the things you're supposed to do to stay functional lol.  (I know it's not really a laughing matter, just trying to make myself feel better x)