Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patch absorption and also after effects of Covid  (Read 1233 times)

Pippa52

Patch absorption and also after effects of Covid
« on: November 22, 2023, 02:59:50 PM »

Hi Everyone - just a couple of queries - is absorption from a patch less when it is placed on the thigh or buttock than it would be if put on the lower stomach area?  Any info much appreciated. Also I am just recovering from a really severe bout of Covid (first time I have had it) and I've noticed my hormones seem to be all over the place.  It took me nearly 3 years to get the HRT right after the shortages but now I seem to be going back to square one after Covid.  Has anyone else found this happened to them and if so did it sort itself out in time?  Many thanks x
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 03:54:10 PM by Pippa52 »

Wrensong

Re: Patch absorption
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 03:23:17 PM »

Hi Pippa52, there was a study some years ago that found better absorption when applied to the buttock.  Sorry, can't remember the patch brand or any more detail, but that's what made me swap from abdomen to derriere.  I do find I get better absorption that way than when I used to apply to my tummy, perhaps because I have very little fat on tummy or thigh but do have a bit to sit on  ;D!
Wx

Pippa52

Re: Patch absorption
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 03:51:08 PM »

thanks so much Wrensong really appreciate your reply x

Peri2022

Re: Patch absorption and also after effects of Covid
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 04:31:58 PM »

Hi Pippa, you’re not imagining the hormonal effects of Covid. My own hellish symptoms began very soon after I had the virus for the first time and there’s a bit of evidence that Covid can attach to receptors in the ovaries, altering our hormonal function. Woefully under researched but there is defo a connection! I wish you all the best as you recover xx

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 04:58:59 PM »

Hi Pippa. I started with irregular bleeding after my covid has and then my first bout of covid itself. Was diagnosed with simple hyperplasia which resolved without treatment as did the bleeding. I'm not sure if there was a connection but it was very coincidental. It's certainly not uncommon that things go awry. I've just had covid again so waiting to see if anything changes! 

Bass1979

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 07:47:51 PM »

Hi
I can’t really advise on the Covid and hormones however I do think applying the patch to the buttock is a better absorption.

When I applied it to my thighs I felt worse.

Hope you are feeling better soon x

Moog77

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 10:15:37 PM »

@pippa52 i have PMd you

Madge79

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 09:14:59 AM »

This is definitely my experience and unfortunately hasn’t improved after 18 months. I hope you improve x

sjpercy3

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 02:45:57 PM »

Someone on another forum was advised by a private consultant to try the lower back. It worked for them, but think everyone reacts differently.