Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cyclogest v utrogestan  (Read 3223 times)

Mary G

Re: Cyclogest v utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 12:46:52 PM »

Scampi, yes, I have been getting on well with Cyclogest but I don't use it every day.  I had a TVS scan a few weeks ago and had a very good womb lining measurement of 3.4mm so I've been sticking with the transdermal progesterone gel @50mg every day for a few weeks but I will intersperse with Cyclogest @50mg again starting next week.

I would say Cyclogest is nearly as good as the transdermal progesterone gel and the compounded progesterone but not quite as convenient because I have to cut into small 50mg pieces.  The good news is, it's absolutely nothing like the dreaded Utrogestan as long as you keep the dose low which you obviously will if cutting a 100mg capsule into thirds.

I really hope it works for you.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2023, 03:26:10 PM »

Thanks Mary G, really good to know!

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2023, 04:14:48 PM »

Scampi, yes, I have been getting on well with Cyclogest but I don't use it every day.  I had a TVS scan a few weeks ago and had a very good womb lining measurement of 3.4mm so I've been sticking with the transdermal progesterone gel @50mg every day for a few weeks but I will intersperse with Cyclogest @50mg again starting next week.

I would say Cyclogest is nearly as good as the transdermal progesterone gel and the compounded progesterone but not quite as convenient because I have to cut into small 50mg pieces.  The good news is, it's absolutely nothing like the dreaded Utrogestan as long as you keep the dose low which you obviously will if cutting a 100mg capsule into thirds.

I really hope it works for you.

Hi Mary  G

sorry to cut in but i was just wondering how you take the cyclogest vaginally or rectally and do you use it at night.

the reason im asking, i was on 3 pumps gel which i cut right down after i developed post menopause bleeding
 i was using cyclogest rectally 200mg and cutting a piece off so about 150mg however i developed unopposed estrogen and my womb lining was really thick so i have had to stop hrt for the moment.

it is a shame as i really tolerated cyclogest
 i was just wondering if it is more effective used vaginally

thanks

Mary G

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 11:22:28 AM »

discogirl, I take Cyclogest vaginally at night. 

Sorry to hear you had lining build up and had to stop HRT.  It does suggest that it might work better vaginally on some women.

What is your plan now?  Are you going to take a heavy duty progesterone like norethisterone to shift the lining?

Scampidoodle

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 11:43:37 AM »

Another question - does cyclogest 200mg equate to 200mg utrogestan?

Mary G

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 12:22:54 PM »

Yes I would think so.

They will react differently in different people but the amount of actual progesterone will be the same.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 04:41:01 PM »

Right so I need to be cutting this tablet into quarters really don’t I. Is that what you do Mary G?  X

discogirl

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2023, 05:37:16 PM »

discogirl, I take Cyclogest vaginally at night. 

Sorry to hear you had lining build up and had to stop HRT.  It does suggest that it might work better vaginally on some women.

What is your plan now?  Are you going to take a heavy duty progesterone like norethisterone to shift the lining?

Hi Mary G

Im not sure to be honest. im still awaiting results of my biopsy.

Ive stopped bleeding now ive stopped the hrt and i really dont think i could tolerate a strong progesterone so im off hrt for the foreseeable so im hoping as im off the hrt my womb lining will thin out hopefully.

otherwise i could ask if taking just the cyclogest vaginally without any estrogen might help as i think thats the only one i can tolerate.  xx

Mary G

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2023, 08:11:12 PM »

Scampi, my Cyclogest pessaries are 300mg so I cut them into six pieces.

discogirl, it might be worth suffering a short spell of progesterone only to invoke a bleed and shift the womb lining - you would need a TVS immediately post bleed to check it has thinned the lining sufficiently.  You could do this with either norethisterone or the Cyclogest pessaries.

I hope you get the biopsy results back soon.
Pages: 1 [2]