Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Painful ears  (Read 9631 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Painful ears
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2023, 07:09:15 PM »

There are sweeties to help with dry mouth, many years ago I would buy them for my Aunt who complained of a lack of saliva etc..

Ice lollies?  Sips of water ?  MayB a humidifier in the room if you have dry heating? 

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2023, 07:14:14 PM »

Lesred

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and recent misery. It does help to know I'm not alone and I think a really good bit of advice to not stress too much.

I hope you improve a bit soon from your recent flu and cold and thank you again x

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2023, 07:19:24 PM »

SarahT thank you. It means alot. I appreciate a different perspective and I think we are both amazing considering we are struggling so much with an already debilitating condition.  :medal:

CLKD thanks. I sip water lots...we don't have a humidifier....I have an air purifier on most of the time....dunno if that's a bad thing but it's to help my allergies.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2023, 07:45:33 PM »

Could it be drying out the air = aggravation of the ear drums?  Did U continue with those drops?  I keep getting ear nips in the left side  >:( enough to go 'ouch'!

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2023, 07:53:22 PM »

Yes maybe you're right. I asked Alexa and she said air purifier can dry out air so I will turn it off and see.

Yes the drops have helped calm the agony pain, infection and the pain in my face it was causing....its not solved it entirely but its definitely improved currently. Still painful but copeable....Still fullness but I'll see how it goes.

Now issues in left side......tut

Sorry your left ear is ouchy too. Sucks.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2023, 10:00:17 PM »

It's part of my peri journey, as the Eustachion tubes have narrowed and apparently: according to the audiologist: I have particularly hairy ears  ;D, nips are likely.

Have U tried the little finger in the ear with a Big Wriggle technique which sometimes works to clear the ear: briefly  ::).  With a liquid in situ there will be a sensation of fullness too.

Night night.  In bed with a round of freshly made bread and butter  8) ......... B4 I tackle another salt mouthwash  :-X

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2023, 10:20:35 AM »

What do you mean 'nips'?...just like little feelings of pain?

Is it worth seeing an audiologist when experiencing perimenopause ear issues?....or would they not really be able to 'see' anything as its hormonal....even though we definitely feel there's issues.....

Sorry you got a gum infection by the way. Always flipping something. X

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2023, 10:37:32 AM »

Yep always something - The Change - does what is says on the tin.  Yep, nips deep in the ear, occasionally - enough to make me yell!

I went to the audiologist because I thought that I was getting deaf[er]  ::).  within normal limits for my age.  Apparently  ;D

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2023, 10:43:01 AM »

Right I see.....OK.

CLKD

Do U sing?
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2023, 10:51:51 AM »

Now I've got an 'over the rainbow' ear worm  ;D.  A song I sang many years ago when I had the range.

My music teacher told me that not many people breathe correctly so singing should be essential whilst growing up.  Now I can't even hold a note [long story short] 

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2023, 11:10:47 AM »

Sorry about the earworm lol

Just thought I'd personalise my profile a bit.

I've e been completely obsessed with The Wizard of Oz film and Judy Garland since I was tiny. Lifelong love x
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:12:58 AM by Dorothy Gale »

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2023, 12:08:34 PM »

Same here - the way it changes from B/w to colour  8) early technology then.

Snow White [I played her in the days when I could sing]
Fantasia
Sound of Music
West Side Story - now if those don't start ear worms  ::)

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2023, 06:35:37 PM »

Hi

I'm not asking for help....rather just a listening ear coz I just feel thoroughly fed up and really 'claustrophobic' by the perimenopause invading my body when I didn't ask for any if this (none of us did) and that's how unfair it is on our lives.

There's literally no escape from it is there....and I feel so hopeless.

I think my new clogged ear feeling, infection, ear pain, stuffy dry sinuses and horrid new tinitus is really getting me down...all these head symptoms are a total blind side and I feel absolutely sick of it.....but literally at a loss....

If it's hormonal due to dryness etc which I'm realising is more of a common symptom...then I'm stuck with it. And I don't know how I will cope with this constant fullness I my ears, pain and hissing....I know there's worse things....but this is my nemesis.

At night I like to listen to podcasts via my ear phones (so I don't wake my partner) and now I can't because the pressure in my ear is so high, my hearing has become so sensitive and the sound through my buds literally hurts. Noise in general hurts. Little things I like to do are even ruined now.

Just feel really really down and like there's no way out.

:'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 06:54:04 PM by Dorothy Gale »

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2023, 07:13:49 PM »

Could a mobile audiologist attend U at home to give your ears a thorough look at and advice?  Tinnitus is also common as we age and there are ways to combat this.

Have u tried 'Vick' vapour rub on the chesticles [as Wogan would say], which will infiltrate the nostrils, a friend of mine puts it under her nose  :o at night.  Not a good look but it helps her dry nostrils.  Mum used to sit over a bowl of Friars Balsom in hot water which steams, she had a cloth over her head. 

R U using the drops into the ear/s? 

Ear phones won't help if the ears are aggravated. Ears need to 'breath'. 

U feel stuck right now?  Also if OH is dealing with his families grieving, he won't be on hand as often. 

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2023, 07:28:34 PM »

Thank you for replying. You're so kind.

Yes there is a private hearing company in our local town I've used before that I saw do home visits so it's an option. I just wanted to get the infection under control first really before they go poking around....

I only use my earphones for a bit at night only. I take ages to fall asleep so it helps me feel less anxious than lying there in the dark silence.

I might try olbas oil in a tissue. I think we have some. I've continued with the drops as they have helped and I'm seeing out the course which ends today....the pain and fullness have flared sgain today in the infected ear so....not happy about that. Will get intouch with nurse if need to.

I feel stuck in lots of ways. I'm bedridden so stuck physically (no choice. I have M.E) Stuck health wise. Stuck with perimenopause. Stuck on my own.....and yeh, partner away most days dealing with the bereavement....stuck not knowing how to cope with all this extra illness....dreading what's coming next.....stuck in life.......

Just feel pretty useless. And that I'm basically now just existing.

Xx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 07:35:47 PM by Dorothy Gale »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9