Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scared to try the mirena  (Read 2044 times)

Nellf

Re: Scared to try the mirena
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2023, 11:46:27 AM »

Thx ladies.   My GP said that they could only prescribe the 100mg oral tablets and Dr Rogers, who I'm seeing at Spire advised me that the 100mg was not really designed to be used vaginally.  But I've seen lots of ladies who are doing so.  MaryG I agree.  Think that's why I'm so anxious about getting the mirena.  Speaking with my GP yesterday, she advised giving it at least 6 months.  Every change fills me with dread but I guess I've just got to try.  CLKD I agree if I opted to pay for a hysterectomy then I'm sure it would be a goer.  Dr Rodger did say though it's generally a last resort.  Still to try Tibolone yet.........canny wait

Mary G

Re: Scared to try the mirena
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 12:08:06 PM »

Nellf, I can understand your anxiety re the Mirena coil and that is why I suggested you ask for a very low dose coil. 

I would ask for the Jaydess.

It's don't understand why your doctor said 100mg Utrogestan is not designed to be used vaginally when the box clearly states that the capsules can be used either vaginally or orally - well the boxes in mainland Europe do anyway. 

I would just use them vaginally anyway but what is wrong with the body responsible for licencing medication in the UK and why don't they get it together and change the licence for Utrogestan?  Is it just laziness?

Pages: 1 [2]