Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Did an increase in estradiol help anyone’s hair loss and insomnia?  (Read 1246 times)

lilbebel

Hello, I have been on oestradiol .05 mg / day patch to date. At first, I noticed an improvement in my symptoms. Now I noticed my hair falling out again as well as it taking me hours to fall asleep again. Not every symptom has returned but I’m wondering is it time to go up to .075 mg patch perhaps? My question is has anyone else gone up in their dose of oestrogen and noticed an improvement to these or other symptoms. Progesterone doesn’t help me sleep. But I have read that if oestrogen levels are not optimal, it can cause symptoms such as insomnia and low mood and mood swings. I’m also getting those. I have an appointment with my gynaecologist in two weeks and I would like to ask her to up my dose but would appreciate feedback from fellow travellers here first as any change in regimen can be bumpy initially and I want to minimise that. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me.

Dotty

Re: Did an increase in estradiol help anyone’s hair loss and insomnia?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 06:31:32 PM »

Increasing oestrogen definitely helped my sleep x

lilbebel

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 09:13:02 PM »

Increasing oestrogen definitely helped my sleep x

Thank you Dotty. This is so encouraging.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 08:33:40 AM »

If insomnia was one of your meno symptoms then yes. My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, both cured by hrt. I've had to increase twice as my own oestrogen supply dwindled and symptoms returned.

lilbebel

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 03:22:00 PM »

If insomnia was one of your meno symptoms then yes. My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia, both cured by hrt. I've had to increase twice as my own oestrogen supply dwindled and symptoms returned.

Thank you and this makes sense. These are my two most problematic symptoms along with thinning hair. I’m happy to hear your symptoms were managed by an increase in dosage. May I ask what you are on now please?

It makes sense as I am now getting further into full menopause (6 months) so my natural hormones will be dropping lower. Logically, I might need a boost in oestrogen now. I really hope she’s open to it.