Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Excessive watery discharge!  (Read 3301 times)

Walshmar

• First Flush
Excessive watery discharge!
« on: September 11, 2023, 11:49:03 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. Back story, 60 this year, no periods for 6 years. I thought I was coping with the  menopause,  apart from insomnia, being an irritable moody mare and lack of confidence.  However being the main carer for my adult daughter who has learning difficulties means I don't have much time for myself.  Anyway at the start of this year my troublesome bladder issues became more problematic,  frequency to pass urine, slight incontinence issues suddenly became burning painful sensation when emptying bladder and increased visits in the night.
Then woke up one morning and thought I had wet myself,  closer inspection revealed it wasn't urine. 2 weeks on and the excessive watery discharge from my vagina continues,  necessitating frequent changes of sanitary towels. I suspect this is due to vaginal atrophy. I have obtained oestrogen cream online and am going to see if this alleviates the symptoms. I will then seek a GP appointment for a prescription.  Has anyone else experienced this hideous problem of excessive watery discharge?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Excessive watery discharge!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 11:57:24 AM »

Yep.  Often it's the start of vaginal atrophy: do read the 'bladder issues' thread and those relating to VA.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina ....... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  The idea is to use appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment nightly for 2-3 weeks then as necessary: some require nightly use as well as adding moisturisers, some manage with insertion every 3 and 5/6th nights.  When I get the need2P I swallow 2 Nurofen every 3 hours.

Browse round.   :welcomemm:

What support do you have for your daughter? 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 12:29:14 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is good to hear you have some localised oestrogen as this is going to be so helpful for you. Watery discharge is a symptom of vaginal atrophy. There are lots of tips about this on the forum if you ever want to know any more about it. :)

Walshmar

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 12:52:59 PM »

Thanks CLKD and Flossieteacake for your replies. This forum is going to be so useful/helpful/informative

CLKD...regarding my daughter who is 32, she attends a day centre 3 days a week and that is the extent of my/our help.

Why doesn't anybody talk about vaginal atrophy and accompanying bladder issues.  I know Davina McCall is for many the Menopause guru but I don't recall her discussing this symptom. I'm not trivialising mood swings, hot flushes and brain fog but there are other debilitating symptoms largely unknown but definitely real.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 01:05:26 PM »

I agree with you. I had never heard of it until joining this forum. I realised I had been suffering with it for a while and was so disappointed no DR I spoke to knew anything about it.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 02:08:02 PM »

Most symptoms are sprung on us, we are mostly aware that periods stop and there may be a few hot flushes.  However  >:(

Browse round. Make notes ;-).  Do U need another thread you can add queries here.

Walshmar

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 02:27:18 PM »

I'm going to avail myself of the wealth of Information on this site and make notes pertinent to my menopause journey.  One thing is for sure, we all take different routes some having a more scenic route than others.  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 03:21:10 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  We can respond here  ;) that way U won't get lost.

Ask away, nowt is taboo and we talk about most things.