Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I'm new just started HRT  (Read 1897 times)

Vicky123

• First Flush
I'm new just started HRT
« on: September 10, 2023, 12:26:38 PM »

Hi , I'm new here I'm 42 and just started HRT I have the patches and I take tablets every night for 14 days.
I was really suffering with period pains I would have pains and and an awful feeling of  dragging in my pelvis for atleast 2 weeks and heavier periods.))Once my period came I would be ok for a 2 weeks. My periods changed over the course of a year and started to become longer between each cycle.
My anxiety was really bad aswell.
I'm not sure if having covid sped up the perimenopause as i was never the same since I first had it back In 2020.
I've only been on HRT for 2 weeks but already feel a lot better fingers crossed 🤞 it keeps working for me.
Has anyone else had anything similar?

Flossieteacake

Re: I'm new just started HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 12:29:35 PM »

Hello Vicky and welcome to the forum. This morning a member has posted an interesting article about Covid and peri so I am going to link it for you.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67380.msg919838.html#msg919838

It is great you are already feeling better after starting HRT. 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 01:26:38 PM »

Welcome.  Covid has certainly mess with women's hormones.  Not heard about men being affected similarly, i.e. with thyroid function.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  If U don't get support from your GP there is an option of asking for referral to a dedicated menopause clninic. 

Jojodancer

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 10:43:13 AM »

Hi Vicky, I'm really new too. I've just started on HRT on my 2nd week, first week felt great.
This week I've started with a bout of dizziness so hoping its not going to last long.
It will be good to hear how you get on too. I'm 54 I was diagnosed 3 years ago with a large Fibroid which was a nightmare. I was reluctant to start HRT because of this, but felt needed something to help with menopause so have taken the plunge. I hope all stays well for you xx