Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Light bleed with Mirena & HRT  (Read 405 times)

RibenaBena

• First Flush
Light bleed with Mirena & HRT
« on: September 07, 2023, 09:55:30 PM »

Hi,

I’ve had a Mirena and been on HRT patches - or using gel in these summer hot weeks - for two years. I’ve had no bleeding at all since just after the Mirena was inserted. And today, a pinky red bleed all day. Just light, but very obviously a bleed.

Any clues on what could be causing it after all this time bleed free? I don’t have cramps or anything? Really odd :(

SarahT

Re: Light bleed with Mirena & HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 06:20:37 PM »

Although I have only had the mirena for just under a year, I still get spotting sometimes and also have had a very light bleed on a couple of occasions.
For myself, still being in peri,I have put it down to fluctuating hormones,so I think my own cycle sometimes overrides that on the hrt. ( I am on 125 patches in a bid to suppress my own cycle due to severe pms\pmdd symptoms. So far it is a hell of a lot better)

If it were me, and it happens more frequently, it may be worth mentioning to you g.p.

Ljp

Re: Light bleed with Mirena & HRT
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 10:23:13 AM »

I’m on my second mirena, now 3 years in, and I still get occasional light spotting when I wipe, usually lasts two or three days, and quite normal.

I use 100 evorel patches or 4 pumps estrogel

I’d only be concerned if it were heavy and prolonged. The idea is the mirena prevents the uterine lining building up, so I see a little spotting now and again as the mirena doing it’s job