Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: More advice needed!  (Read 383 times)

aidansrest

More advice needed!
« on: September 06, 2023, 02:50:35 PM »

Hi

I have just recently asked a few questions, but just to recap...
I've been using vagifem and ovestin cream x 5 nights a week for the past 18 months after suffering terribly with VA (mainly bladder issues).
A few weeks ago, developed general soreness 'down below', plus a stinging, pulsing pain when passing water.
Upped vagifem and ovestin to 7 nights a week - no help!

GP took water sample and swab - had water infection and thrush. Given antiobiotics (nitrofluration) for 2 weeks, a caneston pessary and cream.
After two weeks, no better.
Back to GP left another water and swab sample, and prescribed anti depressants as whole situation really getting on top of me. Also given one tablet to take (for thrush) just in case.
Got text to say I did, indeed, still have thrush. I now have 3 canaeston pessaries to take on consecutive nights, plus cream.
I did ask GP if I could use vagifem still whilst using the pessary. She said yes, but to use pessary on a night, when I would normally use vagifem, and then use the vagifem on the morning (at least 12 hours after the thrush pessary).
I then telephoned my local GUM clinic for advice - they could access my health record and told me that the thrush I had been diagnosed with was classed as 'heavy' - the worst, apparantly nothing beats 'heavy.'
They told me to use the three pessaries and if no better to ring them again on Monday and they would try and arrange a swab where I would get results almost immediatly, as we go on holiday next Wednesday.
I forgot to ask them if it is OK to continue with the vagifem and ovestin. I've read that vagifem can cause thrush - although its never bothered me up until now, so worried I may be making the situation worse. But cannot stop the vagifem or ovestin, even for 3 days, as I know me VA and bladder issues will return.
At the moment, I'm using a caneston pessary on an evening with ovestin and epaderm moisturiser externally, and on a morning, a vagifem plus the caneston cream externally - do you think thats OK?
Bladder been OK throughout all of this, but really 'off' today; don't know whether its panic/drinking lots of water/or the thrush? Can that affect your bladder?
Thoroughly fed up and anxious now.
Can anybody offer advice, or has been through the same situation?
Sue

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: More advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 03:19:39 PM »

I can't understand how thrush is becoming a problem  :-\, there are several threads here.

4 me it was itching,  high up ........ after stopping The Pill.  I also suffered years later after emergency surgery ....... can't remember the treatment I was offered but I did use LIVE yoghurt eaten and applied to balance the digestive tract from top to bottom.

Candida thrives on sugars.  I would think that the you feel 'off' as your holiday is approaching with associated concerns about treatments. 

aidansrest

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 03:26:43 PM »

Yes! I'm very concerned that I'm going to be not OK when away.
Spoiling the run up to be honest, constantly thinking about burning/bladder etc..
Just abit fed up with it all
Sue

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 04:50:12 PM »

Take plenty of pain relief with you as it can ease symptoms.!