Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Spotting again  (Read 956 times)

Stella2

Spotting again
« on: September 04, 2023, 05:12:44 PM »

Hello ladies,
It seems that I am quite sensitive to any changes to my regime. In the past I had occasional spotting, scans showed 3mm thickness, what was ok. I have been on double dose of utrogestan to stop the bleeding what was a bit too high. Recently GP suggested to lower my Estraderm patch from 50 to 25 and carry on with continuous 100 mg utrogestan. I had to revert to 50 patch due to side effects and was cutting a bit off probably to 40. That worked well with regards to bleeding but I started occasionally having heart palpitations. I never had any problems with my heart before HRT. Last week I put a full 50 patch and now I am spotting again.

I wonder if the spotting will stop when I adjust to the dose or I have to lower the patch again. It is just such a slight difference...I don't like the feeling of my heart fluttering so I am unsure what to do. I don't think I will be offered a scan again. Grateful for your comments and suggestions x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spotting again
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 07:54:27 PM »

U can be reassured with the scan results.  Replacement therapy isn't the cure all, sometimes it takes a few months B4 the body adjusts, depending on how your own hormone fluctuations might be.

It's OK to adjust the dose to see if the palpitations stop.  Then mayB adjust every 3rd night initially to see what effects might be.  It's Trial and Error.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 08:17:40 PM »

Thank you CLKD, I had a scan at the beginning of the year so it's been a while. I would like to stay on 50 as I don't like having issues with my heart but I wonder if anyone had a similar experience and if the bleeding stopped on it's own. I have been on HRT for 2 years and postmenopausal for 4 years  it seems that every time I make a slight adjustment it triggers a bleed, actually only spotting couple of times a day.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 08:22:07 PM »

MayB put the product names into the search box to see if there are threads? 

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 02:58:58 PM »

Thank you CLKD, I hope that someone had experience with bleeding when changing dose and I  wonder if the bleeding stopped on it's own or they had to up utrogestan or lower estrogen.
Fed up with being so sensitive to changes.

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 04:04:02 PM »

Hi Stella2, I feel for you, I seem to be super sensitive to any change, up or down 

I'm 7 years post meno, using estrogel plus 100mg Utrogestan every day for 11 months.  I had some spotting and sore boobs when I upped to two pumps of gel at around 6 months.

Went down to 1.5 pumps and continued spotting every couple of weeks which went on for several months. Had a scan, all good apart from a small fibroid not requiring treatment. 

Went down to 1 pump and still spotting every couple of weeks for a few months.  I was getting a bit worn down by this.

However, I've not had spotting for a few weeks now,  so hoping things have settled 🤞🏻.  Boobs still tender though. 

The ladies on here have been really supportive so I'm sticking with it for a bit longer as 1 pump still makes me feel better than none.

Hope things settle for you soon. xx

Stella2

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »

Thank you Dazedandconfused. I am sorry to hear you are having spotting but glad to hear it stopped and settled. I also get tender boobs but I read somewhere that progesterone can cause this too. It so difficult to get it right.
Hope it's all settled for you, thanks for your reply and wish you well xx

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 07:32:29 PM »

Stella2, it's a real juggling act, isn't it?  Just when you think you've got everything working nicely, something else misbehaves.    ::). It's clear to me that patience is not one of my virtues  ;D

Stella2

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 07:35:26 PM »

I know... I feel the same! Xx