Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan side effects  (Read 1660 times)

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan side effects
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2023, 07:50:25 PM »

Hi,
Have any of you ladies had any side effects from taking Utrogestan vaginally after a few months?

I have always had side effects - it is of course, absorbed systemically so only to be expected if you are sensitive to it. It affects my bladder  = frequency which causes disturbed night time sleep, and I definitely get vaginal irritation from it - but since I've always had a "nil-by-mouth" approach to HRT then that's par for the course and I put up with it.... I would make an exception for dydrogesterone if this were available - there are many of us and probably many women generally that would applaud its return in UK to commerical use on its own as a progestogen for HRT!!

Hurdity x

purplebee

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2023, 08:51:43 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thanks for your reply. I have persevered with Utro.. but the side effects are too much for me. I am going  back to Evorel Conti. Trial and error ..

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2023, 08:55:28 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thanks for your reply. I have persevered with Utro.. but the side effects are too much for me. I am going  back to Evorel Conti. Trial and error ..

Yes trial and error is what have to do until we find something that works! All the best

Hurdity x

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2023, 01:02:53 PM »

The fan is called Chillmax Air, Penguin.  From Dunelm a couple of years ago.

I've also had gastritis but had no probs in that respect with Femoston.  Unfortunately I couldn't continue with it because of migraine.  Knew oral oestrogen is not recommended with migraine, so it was a risk, but I went through all the progestogens in desperation to find one I could tolerate.

Unfortunately Dydrogesterone is not available for UK prescription as a standalone progestogen these days, so only as part of the Femoston oral range.

Thanks Wrensong, I've just found the chillmax air on amazon, they have a tower version or, if I get a different brand, a desktop one. Very clever how you add stuff to cool the air, I can see how it'd work better than a conventional fan.

I had to go into the pharmacy today to pick up a prescription and our pharmacist is great. I asked him about Dydrogesterone and he agree it would be a good option but apparently no plans at all, as far as he knows, to sell it as a standalone in the UK. Which is a real shame as it sounds like s lot of women would benefit. I felt like a boiled lobster last night, counting down as only tonight and tomorrow with the utrogestan then I'm done for the month!

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2023, 01:05:52 PM »

Penguin,
There are some neck scarves that you can buy (Amazon) they have a gel inside them and you soak them in water to expand the gel and then put them in the fridge till they get cold then wrap them around your wrists or neck for extra cooling.. heavenly!
(5 Pack Summer Cooling Neck Wrap Ice Towel, 5 Color Cooling Scarf for Neck Fast Cooling Towels Bandana, Keep Cool Ice Headband for Gym Golf Yoga)

Thanks purplebee, this sounds good too. Funnily enough I have one of these in bandana form for our dog, so perhaps i should try hers. I've just ordered a cooling cloth type thing that apparently you dampen and give a shake and it stays really cool. Let's hope my bits arrive for the heatwave ends!

Wrensong

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2023, 01:39:15 PM »

The Chillmax doesn't give an arctic blast, Penguin (we have the little table top version) but I do find it helps & was a cheap alternative to a portable air con unit.

Dydrogesterone used to be available on its own in the UK under the brand name Duphaston.  I had it prescribed for reasons other than HRT many years ago & many of us on MM have lamented the fact it was withdrawn as it would give another much needed progestogen option with a reputation for being kinder to the body than some of the synthetics & as I said earlier, a comparatively favourable safety profile.  Are you averse to the idea of trying it in the Femoston range if the extra pump of gel doesn't work well enough to enable you to stay on Utrogestan?  You could also try one of the combi patches,  Evorel Sequi or FemSeven Sequi, if you don't want to take oral oestrogen.

Yes, it was very warm last night.  We are in a landlocked area that tends to get some of the hottest temps & some of the coldest in winter.  Main bedroom is S facing too  :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 01:43:39 PM by Wrensong »

Penguin

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2023, 01:47:51 PM »

The Chillmax doesn't give an arctic blast, Penguin (we have the little table top version) but I do find it helps & was a cheap alternative to a portable air con unit.

Dydrogesterone used to be available on its own in the UK under the brand name Duphaston.  I had it prescribed for reasons other than HRT many years ago & many of us on MM have lamented the fact it was withdrawn as it would give another much needed progestogen option with a reputation for being kinder to the body than some of the synthetics & as I said earlier, a comparatively favourable safety profile.  Are you averse to the idea of trying it in the Femoston range if the extra pump of gel doesn't work well enough to enable you to stay on Utrogestan?  You could also try one of the combi patches,  Evorel Sequi or FemSeven Sequi, if you don't want to take oral oestrogen.

Yes, it was very warm last night.  We are in a landlocked area that tends to get some of the hottest temps & some of the coldest in winter.  Main bedroom is S facing too  :(

Well its my chest, shoulders, arms and face that feel it the worst, so I think the desktop would suit me perfectly then.

No, not averse to trying the femeston range at all. GP didnt give me product names on friday, just said that there were others things i could try, so Femoston would be the one i'd ask for given what you've said. The pharmacist suggested I do utrogestan at a lower dose all month but I don't think it's about the dose itself, it's the heating effect of the product. I have been awake since 4am as woke up overheated and couldn't get back to sleep. Our bedroom is in the loft extension unfortunately, so heat rises 🙈

Wrensong

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 02:12:25 PM »

I sympathise Penguin
I have been awake since 4am as woke up overheated and couldn't get back to sleep.
  This is exactly what happens to me & usually earlier than that.  Bedroom in the loft  :o, yes must be the worst for overheating.
Pages: 1 [2]