Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Please help. New shaped oestrogel bottle. Is it possible to get a faulty batch?  (Read 45546 times)

Christine79

Oh my I am so glad I found this thread. My last prescription was the cylindrical bottles with clear lids. The last few week my symptoms have come back, night sweats, hot flushes and extreme anxiety. Now I'm worried that it's these new bottles. I am already on 4 pumps a day.

I have booked a gp review but it's over a week away. Has anyone moved onto something else like a estrogen patch??

Any advice? Thanks Christine

Hi Christine,

I moved to Sandrena  along with many of my friends and haven't looked back. Apart from one, who didn't get on with it then found happiness with Evorel.

Please don't flog a dead horse with something that is no longer serving you x

Thanks for the response. Is the Sanrena gel the same type of application as oestrogel? I'm on such a high dose already I hate how much gel there is to spread.

Banjo1973

Sandrena comes in little sachets, I actually prefer the bottle, but at least they're easy for travel etc.

It comes in 1mg (and 0.5mg) strengths.

Most medics say 2 pumps of oestrogel = 1mg of Sandrena. But in terms of estradiol 1 pump has 0.75mg of estradiol ... I don't know whether it is an absorption thing or just an arbitrary equivalent that people just run with!!!

On a personal level, I was on 3 pumps of 'old' oestrogel (the good stuff). I tried 1.5mg of Sandrena but it wasn't quite enough so I now take 2 1mg sachets. Usually in the morning. Sometimes 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

The gel amount is small, but it's quite sticky and takes about 15mins to dry. But it works.

AKatieD

I think the quantity of oestrogen must be less too. I have been feeling dizzy/ vertigo for a week or so and this has only happened once before when I tried 3 pumps not my usual four.

Not sute what to do. I could add another pump to make up if it is thought to be 20% less.

Christine79

Check out bloomingthroughthemenopause on instragram. She has been doing daily weighing of dosage and the new bottle dispenses upto 20% less! No wonder I've had a return of symptoms!!

I have emailed besin healthcard and reported my concers with yellow card scheme and I urge anyone else have the same problem to do the same.

AKatieD

I have bought digital scales and the quantity of gel pumped from my bottle is as advertised. Unfortunately still got the dizziness/ vertigo so not sure why!

Christine79

I have bought digital scales and the quantity of gel pumped from my bottle is as advertised. Unfortunately still got the dizziness/ vertigo so not sure why!

I still think it's the active ingredients are not as effective!! Please report if you have had a return of symptoms.

Gilby

• First Flush

Can someone please advise how you yellow card something. The new bottles are definitely different in dosage and ingredient since using the new shape my levels have gone from 600 to 159 and all my symptoms have returned. Whilst using the old bottle my levels were increasing regularly and then wham my oestradiol is really low. My consultant is saying it is bad absorption and wants to change me to patches but I didn’t have a problem before! Nothing else has changed other than the bottle 😩 I’m trying to find an alternative is Sandrena available on nhs   ?

Christine79

Report online https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
Also email besin healthcare with your concerns [email protected]

I have just swapped to sandrena via NHS GP, just waiting for it to come into pharmacy.
Hope that helps x

RebJT

Hi

I'm also having this issue and lots and lots of people are talking about it.  I've been on Oestrogel since 2018/2019 and I now feel terrible on the new bottles.

I tested in May day 12 on old bottle (feeling absolutely fantastic) E = 1590
Tested in Nov 2023, day 12, same dose levels 321
Tested this week after two months on a pump increase levels 271

I have been happy on oestrogel for a long time, I test regularly, and something is wrong with it, and I'm coming off it and swapping to something else.

I am also extremely frustrated by the gaslighting of women going on, we know our bodies better than anyone (I also have very serious thyroid issues and tussled with the NHS a long time over feeling unwell on their brilliant cure, I know first hand that doctors just don't listen and will just parrot the party line, it's not good enough!).

x

Christine79

Hi

I'm also having this issue and lots and lots of people are talking about it.  I've been on Oestrogel since 2018/2019 and I now feel terrible on the new bottles.

I tested in May day 12 on old bottle (feeling absolutely fantastic) E = 1590
Tested in Nov 2023, day 12, same dose levels 321
Tested this week after two months on a pump increase levels 271

I have been happy on oestrogel for a long time, I test regularly, and something is wrong with it, and I'm coming off it and swapping to something else.

I am also extremely frustrated by the gaslighting of women going on, we know our bodies better than anyone (I also have very serious thyroid issues and tussled with the NHS a long time over feeling unwell on their brilliant cure, I know first hand that doctors just don't listen and will just parrot the party line, it's not good enough!).

x

Wow that is really interesting! Have you reported your findings via yellow card and besin? I hope one day to get a answer why so many women are experiencing this with the new bottles.

RebJT

Hiya

No but I'm happy to report it, something is wrong with this product!  And I always test on day 12, so even allowing for my own levels fluctuating, something is amiss!

I'll keep testing, I've asked my gyane to try Sandrena, hoping she'll send me a script.  I'll report back how I get on.

GS
x

Christine79

Hiya

No but I'm happy to report it, something is wrong with this product!  And I always test on day 12, so even allowing for my own levels fluctuating, something is amiss!

I'll keep testing, I've asked my gyane to try Sandrena, hoping she'll send me a script.  I'll report back how I get on.

GS
x

Yes please report, we need a voice in numbers. I have and had my bottles recalled via the pharmacy for testing. So I hope I get some feedback afterwards.

RebJT

OK will do.

Did you come off oestrogel?  Can I ask what you are taking instead and how you are getting on?

x

Christine79

OK will do.

Did you come off oestrogel?  Can I ask what you are taking instead and how you are getting on?

x

I have just switched to sandrena gel sachets. Only just started this so don't feel I can judge yet x

RebJT

OK, thanks.

Yes asked for Sandrena too, I'll update this thread when I test again, and if I hear anything from the yellow card / Besins.

Hope you settle and feel better, I am extremely frustrated they have messed about with it as it's really impacting my work and focus and general quality of life.

GS
x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18