Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Please help. New shaped oestrogel bottle. Is it possible to get a faulty batch?  (Read 45558 times)

RebJT

Hi

Just been messing about with scales. By weight consistently 0.78g when it should be 1.25g.

So by weight 40% less. So laying aside formula, I'd need NINE pumps by weight for same dose.

I've just tweeted BMS and Louise Newsom, a doctor needs to speak up.

I'm starting a spreadsheet - batch no and weight by pump.

And yes formula also but this is woeful.

Sooner I'm off this crap the better.

Reb
X

Gnatty

I don't know whether this will help but I heard somewhere it's important with these bottles is to make sure it's completely upright before pressing down the pump.

Penguin

I don't know whether this will help but I heard somewhere it's important with these bottles is to make sure it's completely upright before pressing down the pump.

I didn't know that, thank you ❤️

RebJT

Thanks

But who has got time for that standing there in their bra and pants, in a hurry to get dressed for work?  The new leaflet says 5 swift depressions to prime it roo (rather than the previous 2) - it doesn't prime it, it still sputters.

They should be recalling this product, imho.

Reb

RebJT

Hi

To add, weighed all my doses this morning with the bottle upright and all were under 0.8 - so still 40% less.

Reb

Penguin

Hi

To add, weighed all my doses this morning with the bottle upright and all were under 0.8 - so still 40% less.

Reb

Were all the same or did they vary? I have never had the old bottle you are discussing but I do feel there is some variation within doses of the new bottle.

Pippa52

Besins need to accept there is a problem with the gel and sort it.  Its making so many women feel unwell and  not controlling their symptoms. Its just not acceptable  >:(

RebJT

Penguin - this is the new bottle, they were all the same.  I'm going to compare to the one old bottle I've got left later, but another woman posted vids on Insta, and all her old bottles were 1.25 on the nose, because the dispenser actually worked.  Digi scales are a fiver on Amazon, I hope more women start doing this and reporting it.

I'm going to create a spreadsheet logging batch number and weight of each pump until I switch off this gel, and then I'm going to write again to Besins and tell them sending back ad hoc bottles misses the point, it's ALL the bottles.  That's before we get onto the formula, which also seems different.

Pippa, totally agree, they should be recalling this product (but that would cause a panic, I suppose, which might explain why doctors are ignoring us as well!).  I also noticed that Besins profits are up by 25%.

It's the women on NHS I feel super sorry for, my cousin has been told 4 pumps is the max dose, like it or lump it, and now we all know that 4 pumps is about 2 pumps in 'old money' - best case scenario - worst case, it's less potent by volume also.

What a shambles, I feel a letter to a newspaper coming on!

Gnatty

I had sputtery one once with the old green square bottles. I just didn't use it as it was obv faulty.

Gnatty

I have now btw been given bloody oestrodose. God knows what that will be like!

RebJT

Gnatty

Bless you.  I suspect it's all oestrodose now, and they're just pretending it isn't.  That's what I'd do if I was a profit making company, cut overheads by having one product, marketed differently in different territories, in the cheapest possible packaging, farmed out to third parties if that's cheaper than having and owning all the capital kit yourself (even better if you can get away with causing your customers to use more of the product).

Or as my fella remarked about Charlie Bingham ready meals, the portions have got smaller but the price has gone up.

x

Sue1972

I was given a bottle of Oestrodose which the pharmacist thought was one of the old bottles of Oestrogen, as they were the same shape.
It had exactly the same smell and consistency of the stuff in the new canisters!

Penguin

Penguin - this is the new bottle, they were all the same.  I'm going to compare to the one old bottle I've got left later, but another woman posted vids on Insta, and all her old bottles were 1.25 on the nose, because the dispenser actually worked.  Digi scales are a fiver on Amazon, I hope more women start doing this and reporting it.

I'm going to create a spreadsheet logging batch number and weight of each pump until I switch off this gel, and then I'm going to write again to Besins and tell them sending back ad hoc bottles misses the point, it's ALL the bottles.  That's before we get onto the formula, which also seems different.

Pippa, totally agree, they should be recalling this product (but that would cause a panic, I suppose, which might explain why doctors are ignoring us as well!).  I also noticed that Besins profits are up by 25%.

It's the women on NHS I feel super sorry for, my cousin has been told 4 pumps is the max dose, like it or lump it, and now we all know that 4 pumps is about 2 pumps in 'old money' - best case scenario - worst case, it's less potent by volume also.

What a shambles, I feel a letter to a newspaper coming on!

Thanks!
So would my 1 pump be actually only half a pump of the old stuff?

RebJT

Hi

I can't say on oestrodose, just on old bottle oestrogel to new cannister, some women seem to do OK on oestrodose, others have a horrible time.  I'm really angry any of us are in this situation, it's not a dripping tap, it's our abilty to function and live our lives, we shouldn't be trying to work it out on our own on the internet! 

I think you'll notice pretty quickly if your levels start to drop, I certainly did - switching to cannisters triggered a bleed for me.  At least with the old shape bottles the dispenser seems accurate, so I suppose your question is about the potency of the gel, rather than the measure of gel by volume.

Sorry that probably doesn't help, others might know if they've also tried oestrodose.

Reb
x

chopsuey

I've experimented with spreading over more or less area and it hasn't made any difference to me. What is 750cm2 when we're talking pieces of paper? I think I spread each blob over roughly an A5 piece of paper area...

Is the 750cm2 per pump or per dose?? I’ve been rubbing 1 pump on each leg over an a4 size … sounds like that’s too spread out ?!!
750 cm2 is for 4 pumps, so around 187 cm2 per pump. If you measure this out, it is 22 cm x 8.5 cm, (or any other measurement that comes to 187 when you times a number by another number - 22 x 8.5 just fits well on my upper arm). So, it is much less than A4. It doesn't have to be exact though. Besins don't give any measurements in their leaflets but this is what was used in the drug trials, so I think it is a good idea to keep it within that range roughly. Certainly, I am feeling better by doing so. Not back to how I felt on old Oestrogel levels yet but headache gone, joints not aching and am sleeping better but only been spreading over this smaller area for 3 days.  But you do need to weigh it as well, as others have found, the new pump doesn't dispense enough!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 04:08:47 PM by chopsuey »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18