Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 10p spotting when wipe but only when up and about, dwindles off during day  (Read 477 times)

Donnal1964

Asking this one for a friend this time as she doesn't have internet. She has no spotting or anything when she first gets up, then 10p when she wipes, usually burgundy or brown usually within the normal discharge colour, it dwindles off during the day and by nightime has gone. This has been going on for 10 days and doctor said its nothing to be concerned off during her stage of peri but thought I would ask if anyone else had experienced this to put her mind at rest :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

OK to ask for a friend however:

How old is she?

What are her periods doing?

Is she on HRT?

Doe she use vaginal atrophy treatment?

Donnal1964

Re: 10p spotting when wipe but only when up and about, dwindles off during day
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 07:15:07 PM »

She's 58, her periods have dwindled to every few months and then not heavy. She isn't on HRT and doesn't use any VA treatment as she seems allergic to most creams etc

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 10p spotting when wipe but only when up and about, dwindles off during day
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »

I would suggest that she visits a Nurse Practitioner at her Surgery for a well woman discussion.  As my periods waned I would get a few days of brown discharge - normal for me - probably due to a lack of hormones to cleanse the womb completely. 

If your friend requires treatment for vaginal atrophy there are several medications on prescription or over the counter.  Allergies can become worse as we age as can food intolerances.  However, most VA treatments although might sting initially, can be used successfully when applied correctly.  The vaginal tissues can become thin which may cause sensitivity until the VA treatment plumps up the vaginal wall.