Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How about ladies saying what they experienced in the last year of perimenopause  (Read 558 times)

Donnal1964

I know we are all different and I'm still in peri but I wondered if it would help if people that have reached the end could say what sort of things they experienced in the last year or last few months of it all. It may help others in comparing their own journey, it's just a thought :)

Nas

Is there even an end to this shit??   :o God i do hope so!

5 years since last period and still enjoying the turmoil of it all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I had antidepressant medication prescribed from 1988 so I think that I was much better during peri than I might have been. I would have to work out my age .......   In Autumn of 2002 I realised that my periods had stopped.  For 3-4 years prior they had waxed and waned.  Fortunately without the excruciating pains suffered most of my menstruating years.

Anxiety was awful due to sudden attacks of nausea.  I knew where every bin was in every store on an 'in case' basis, I had to ask a Pharmacist to use their loo - she tried to guide me 2 the public conveniences half a mile away but ........ looking at my face!  Fortunately after the waves of naseau had gone I was able to drive home.

No problems with skin or hair.  Weight remained stable. 

Jules

I can't even remember when my last period was. More than 12 years anyway. I had hot flushes, more at night but often at work under stress. I've had VA though I didn't know I had it till 6 years ago. I thought I had pain with sex because I no longer enjoyed it. I didn't tell anyone and the next time, with a different man, it didn't hurt. I just got UTIs.

Tribbins

I had migraines most days, and also bouts of vertigo. Night sweats and insomnia. Some serious mood swings. Periods of intense fatigue. Tendonitis in my wrist and bad shoulder pain. Twitchy legs at night. 8 years after last period and some of it still continuing and has been joined by other symptoms.