Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reducing estrogel help needed  (Read 1714 times)

Penguin

Re: Reducing estrogel help needed
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2023, 07:53:29 AM »

Hi Kathleen
I don't think it sounds silly at all, and I have been wondering the same thing.
I also find, despite it supposedly providing a steady dose over 24 hours, peaks and troughs in various symptoms once i have applied the gel. So for example, I apply at the same time every morning. If I'm applying too much and get sore boobs this will be for a period during the day then ease off and isn't there if I wake up in the night. Likewise the dryness comes and goes. Perhaps some people are just more sensitive to medications than others, I don't know. But what you are saying certainly makes sense to me!

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2023, 07:54:48 AM »

Also to add, I am still peri and definitely feel that the same level of estrogel doesn't suit me as well at different times of the month!

DottyD68

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2023, 11:07:21 AM »

Update. GP  is suggesting I have a mirena coil as I should be on a conti regime by now. I have tried conti with daily utrogestan on 2 occasions and didn't get on with it. My monthly sequi bleed is considered erratic as I frequently have it during the Utrogestan phase, although this feels like a normal period to me. Despite having had a normal scan in April she is referring me for a biopsy now. I have had enough of it all.

I have had so many constantly varying symptoms during my 2 years of HRT, overall I would say I haven't felt any better (other than no muscle cramps). I havent got the balance right. I am so unsettled. I think I am gradually going to wean myself off it all and see where I am. Then take it from there.
Pages: 1 [2]