Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing over hrt issues  (Read 437 times)

Jeanjeannie

Changing over hrt issues
« on: August 13, 2023, 05:14:59 PM »

Hi all,
Been having some really high health anxiety and a range of new issues - wondering if anyone has had these issues when changing hrt?

Like others, shortage of evorel conti patches in my area, which I’ve been on 50 mg for 5 months and they were working pretty well- hot flushes etc gone. Health anxiety and palpitations calmed down and no other significant issues.

So this meant dr prescribed something new and also ‘her preference’ for her patients which was:

Estradot 75
Progesterone 100mg orally

After / during 10 days of this ..

my heart palpitations at night are back

I have swellings/ white dots/ blisters / dry patches on my lips ( face so far! haha ) three different experts have said they are three different things- nothing/ cold sores/ flat non contagious wart .

My nose is permanently dry, snoring loads more and I have sort of bubbling burps- but no acids reflux pain.

Hideous health anxiety - which had calmed down a bit on old patches.

Eventually managed to find the last pack of old patches in my town- so 4 days ago i just went straight back on them. But all the symptoms are still there.

So my question is this…any idea how long it takes to ‘re adjust’? I feel so tired of it all and I have a very physically demanding job.

I’m seeing dr again on Tuesday. I just feel defeated. In particular these mouth issues are really worrying me and last time they just said it was nothing.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Changing over hrt issues
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 05:19:42 PM »

Ring ahead of your appt. to the surgery pharmacist to see what is in stock, so that your GP can prescribe the regime which was helping if it's available..  Although all HRT may seem to work in a similar fashion, it is obvious that many don't!

Let us know how you get on.

Evie606

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 05:43:04 PM »

Hi all,
Been having some really high health anxiety and a range of new issues - wondering if anyone has had these issues when changing hrt?

Like others, shortage of evorel conti patches in my area, which I’ve been on 50 mg for 5 months and they were working pretty well- hot flushes etc gone. Health anxiety and palpitations calmed down and no other significant issues.

So this meant dr prescribed something new and also ‘her preference’ for her patients which was:

Estradot 75
Progesterone 100mg orally

After / during 10 days of this ..

my heart palpitations at night are back

I have swellings/ white dots/ blisters / dry patches on my lips ( face so far! haha ) three different experts have said they are three different things- nothing/ cold sores/ flat non contagious wart .

My nose is permanently dry, snoring loads more and I have sort of bubbling burps- but no acids reflux pain.

Hideous health anxiety - which had calmed down a bit on old patches.

Eventually managed to find the last pack of old patches in my town- so 4 days ago i just went straight back on them. But all the symptoms are still there.

So my question is this…any idea how long it takes to ‘re adjust’? I feel so tired of it all and I have a very physically demanding job.

I’m seeing dr again on Tuesday. I just feel defeated. In particular these mouth issues are really worrying me and last time they just said it was nothing.

Thanks

Hi,

Did your Dr say why she upped the estrogen to 75 in your patch? If she wanted to match your Evorel Conti then she should’ve prescribed a 50.

I would definitely ask her about it on Tuesday if you didn’t ask for extra as this alone would throw you out of whack.

Hope you get it sorted. X

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 05:51:12 PM »

As above, unless there was a reason to increase oestrogen you should go back down to a 50 patch. Too much oestrogen can certainly cause anxiety and palpitations. It may be the different progestin is causing problems. Is it utrogeston? If you still have problems on the 50 patch you could use utro on a cycle instead continuously. Do you you know how long evorel will be out of stock for?

Jeanjeannie

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 10:00:28 PM »

I went to a private menopause clinic and they recommended to my dr that my dose was increased. But the gp also wanted to change the type I was on.
Just wondered if anyone else had experienced a long period of time of ‘withdrawal’ when swapping. I’m daily sure things got worse when taking the larger dose of progesterone, which I have now stopped.
Will request an extra prescription so I have plenty of what I was on originally- thanks