Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mirena decision  (Read 2766 times)

Katherine

Re: Mirena decision
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2023, 05:17:03 PM »

Thanks for the link  :foryou:, it did work and I'll have a good read of it. I will do some searching on Amazon now for a suitable applicator.xxx

discogirl

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2023, 05:42:59 PM »

Best of luck with it all Katherine xxx

SarahT

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2023, 06:11:41 PM »

I am a bit flummoxed that some on here have been told the Mirena coil is only for women who have given birth, otherwise it cannot be fitted?
I have never given birth, never been pregnant and for myself, the subject never came up. Are g.ps not all knowledgeable about this?? Why does it appear we are told different advice?

Like Nas, I was so lucky, the two nurses who were  in with my fitting, showed me prior what was going to happen, showed me an actual coil prior, qave me time to ask questions. Child birth never came up.

In all, whilst uncomfortable and not pleasant , I was fine. It's the subscription for me.

It is very much an individuals choice and decision. We are talking about our own bodies. Oral utrogestan was hell for me, and yet others on here love it, others cannot tolerate it, and continue In the search for which progesterone gives the least problems. At the end of the day I suspect most medications contain chemicals. It is up to us to find the best path for oursleves.

Katherine, I so wish you well x

Katherine

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2023, 06:48:50 PM »

SarahT, Thanks for your good wishes, I'm glad you found a progesterone that works for you. I find that advice does tend to vary with different gps, I guess they are just so time pressured, stressed with dealing with life and death every day and have to know so much about so many different medications. Some seem to have a special interest in HRT and menopause and know more than others. x
Pages: 1 2 [3]