Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone stopped trying HRT, quit everything and been better for it?  (Read 4025 times)

Katherine

Re: Has anyone stopped trying HRT, quit everything and been better for it?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2023, 03:58:05 PM »

Goodness that's totally unacceptable about the 70 week wait and my worst nightmare. I have had to stop Utrogestan (I was on 2 pumps oestrogen and 100mg utrogestan) because of side effects and sought reassurance from my gp that the Mirena could be quickly removed if need be. She said yes so I have requested one. Now I am doubting my decision.  :'(I also thought more women took HRT.  It's such a shame we can't take less utrogestan and still have a protected womb because I have found oestrogen really good.

Ermin2trude

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2023, 04:15:32 PM »

Katherine,

A Mirena can be easily removed if you can feel the strings and nothing has gone wrong. I would double check and triple check how and where this is done though before you get one, because it isn’t obvious. I was constantly assured it would be easy, but actually, when my GP said it had to come out and there was a problem, there was a big blank as to when, where and by whom.

I’m unfortunate that my Mirena formed a strong attachment to a large fibroid and took the strings with it, so all the nurses, GPs etc trained to remove it, can’t. It will take another hysteroscopy to retrieve it or possibly a laparoscopy. Meanwhile I have to keep taking the antibiotics. 🤢

Please don’t let this put you off though. I’m in a tiny minority. Really really tiny.

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2023, 04:20:44 PM »

I really feel for you Ermin2trude, were you checking your strings every day and one day you couldn't feel them?

Thank you for the information, I'm sending you hugs xxx

Ermin2trude

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2023, 04:32:11 PM »

Hi Katherine,

I initially checked my strings in the bath after about a week (when I could have a bath….it was inserted during a hysteroscopy and bathing was not allowed for a bit). They felt like scratchy wires if I’m honest. Definitely unmistakable and definitely there. A few days later the intense cramping started and then a whole list of other symptoms and I couldn’t feel the strings anymore. It’s been 8 weeks since insertion and 5 weeks since my GP said it had to come out.

Thanks for the hug. It has helped.
Ermin x

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2023, 08:04:17 AM »

The NHS used to be such an example to the world, it's something different now, but I know where my son works the waiting lists are much shorter than our home town, so it varies a lot around the country. Maybe it's because he works in paediatrics in a tory constituency, they are going to look after their voters kids for sure, even as the rest of us rot!

However I don't think my post meno bleeding is being treated as it ought to be, uninvestigated since starting in May2022, 15 months ago, that's about 70 weeks on the waiting list with only the occasional phonecall to tell me what HRT I'm taking next, I'm fighting back on that front now, I won't switch again yet, this isn't too bad, they want me to try femoston next, the sequi pills, I refused point blank to be changed again, so she said we'll discuss it when my appointment happens.

At least I'm not in pain, enduring progesterone and on antibiotics until they fix it.

Ermin2trude, I hope you are able to get it out before 70 weeks, your own health is more important than any bank balance and if I thought I was in danger or I was suffering I'd go private, I have done before and I was suprised how expensive the consultations were compared to actual procedures which seem cheaper, it's the labour costs that you're paying really, like a car mechanic  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 04:57:59 PM by meno-mel »

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2023, 05:03:45 AM »

Good, the trolls got deleted, unfortunately half my thread got deleted with them. :-\
After those really nasty comments from you know who you are, I didn't get a moment's peace last night.

I kept wondering why are they taking the "urine" out of me. Why are they laughing about it? Why are they saying having to wait under two weeks is just the same as waiting ten months plus six before that when the bleeding wasn't referred as abnormal because I'd just started HRT?
Why are they saying it's the same?
They have to be taking the urine, right?
Why?
Are these just over-entitled people, laughing at my situation of not living in a tory constituency? Not being seen within two weeks isn't funny. Having to wait since this bleeding started in May 2022 for a first initial scan when I've had precancer before isn't funny.

All evening and all night it went around in my head, if they are genuine then they must think I am talking about how serious the disease is, dunno how anyone could take that from what I wrote about the general length of waiting lists, but I started this thread because I'm frightened, not so someone could start attacking me about apparantly belittling their condition when I didn't say a thing about it except to be supportive, which anyone can see if they care to look.

I wasn't comparing disease at all because I was refusing to think of cancer and I didn't mention it before this post.

Those are the questions that have tormented me since yesterday and it's had me in tears a few times.
All I could think as a reply is, "They are assuming you have cancer and think you are are belittling septicemia or whatever I'm supposed to have done, from the position of having something worse."

Btw I would never belittle anyone's suffering, but I'll get over strangers judging me, lol, that doesn't matter.

What does matter is that I have thought of nothing else all night, not slept, probably won't now in the run up to the scan.

So I searched here yet again for similar stories to mine and eventually I found one from a few years ago, long time to have noone else have this sort of postmenopausal bleeding.

I read this story, yes, exactly like me, yes, I agree doctors don't have a clue, and I was feeling quite comforted by this lady who also didn't believe anything was wrong.

On page 2 of the thread she is diagnosed with cancer and has a hysterectomy soon after.
I'm in tears again.
This is what I've avoided thinking all this time and it took the shock of a troll to get me thinking about it and also get past that blockage that denys all knowledge of cancer.

It was the same the last time. When I had precancerous cells removed from my cervix and my cervix was cauterised to prevent more growths, I didn't believe them. I went along with it, but I didn't feel any symptoms and nearly did a runner before the procedure, I'm such a chicken.
They insist it was precancerous then but I don't trust them at all.

I can't stop shaking now  :'( :'( :'(

Please don't delete any more of my threads moderators, unless it's really necessary of course, I look back over what I've written for info & dates of feeling this way or that, but I certainly understand why you stepped in this time, thank you, I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 [2]