Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Any advice regarding evorel conti would be great  (Read 669 times)

TC4775

Any advice regarding evorel conti would be great
« on: August 01, 2023, 09:11:49 PM »

Just had my first 3 month check up on my HRT back in April I was on estrdot and provera synthetic tablets they weren't working that well so I now got evorel conti patches for 3 months
My doctor says it's ok to have vitamin supplements from health and her menopause but,  can I use the health and her sleep supplements as my doctor doesn't know if it's ok or not does anyone know
When I am tired I go to bed but when I go to bed I lay in bed for a hour then go to sleep then a few hours later I am up to use the loo

Dotty

Re: Any advice regarding evorel conti would be great
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 05:32:26 AM »

It sounds like you need more oestrogen. Which Estradot patch were you on ?

TC4775

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 02:32:08 PM »

I was on the lowest amount of estrdot patches (25 milligrams )
The pharmacist told me to take the provera synthetic tablets 2 weeks on and two weeks off but the doctor was a bit shocked when I told her about it then she changed to everol patches (pink box)
I had to take the health and her menopause supplements back as they got red clover in them which doesn't go with the progestogen
But I got the sleep supplements and give that a go

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 03:09:37 PM »

It's got a different progesterone in it, and they have doubled your dose of oestrogen.

They switch me so often I've tried all the ones you mention and I found the oestrogen part of Evorel Conti patches identical feeling to the Estradot patches at the 50 dose, they both worked for me and they both contain the same estradiol hemihydrate which someone else commented absorbs better than estradiol that isn't hemihydrate, but I'm no chemist, I'll take their word for it!

Your GP probably wanted you on the continuous dose of provera. When I was on a 50 patch (Evorel conti are this strength), I had the choice to take either 5mg provera every day or 10mg for 12 days a month. I opted for the 10mg dose for 12 days and felt deathly ill, I took four days off work sick and I could barely move off the sofa in that time, I slept around the clock as well as feeling like I'd a proper bad flu.

I'm guessing you didn't get on with provera either?

The northisterone is a better one imo, didn't make me feel ill like that, but I prefer utrogestan over both, because after 2 or 3 months Evorel Conti was making me feel depressed and I can safely guess it was the northisterone, it does that to 10%-20% of women, so don't worry if it does it to you as well, there are alternatives and for most women it's ok.

Which progesterone suits you is very individual but normally a clear yes or no from each woman for each progesterone type. One day they will find the mechanism behind the tolerance of one over another, for now it's trial and error and nothing more.

TC4775

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 04:36:10 PM »

I didn't get on with the provera
As it was making my right leg swelling and I belong to a weight loss group and i was gaining weight with the tablets which made me depressed and I had crying spells
Couple of weeks ago  in group I was nearly in tears
Now I change my patch yesterday I put it on and one one of my members said to me today  that I looked more happier in myself but I know it will take some time for the patch to work
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 06:36:52 PM by TC4775 »

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 07:19:18 AM »

I'm glad you are getting some relief from menopause symptoms and HRT side effects, both are a double whammy and I don't know of any drugs for men that are so very experimental that the outcome cannot be predicted at all. I don't think they'd get away with sending men loopy for 12 days a month, more people would get hurt and there'd be an outcry.

I've been underweight and had swollen calves and feet due to progesterone, it looks really weird.
The GPs tend to say, "Well I can't tell you to lose weight so we'll book you in for a blood test."
Never found out a cause other than assuming it's HRT, provera & Evorel50 at the time.
I switched both anyway and it's not happening now, provera was hell on earth, weepy is right, mildly put, the Evorel50 (different from conti) simply didn't work.

I think my arms and shoulders look less skinny during the progesterone phase too, like now, even though I'm using utrogestan & Estradot50 now and my legs are staying normal, perhaps slight swelling at the ankles, not noticeable.