Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Peri at 40  (Read 1710 times)

Lavender1983

Re: Peri at 40
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2023, 03:18:53 PM »

Oh thank you, i will look at that for the dry eyes.

I never knew this type of aching was possible! I ont know if you found this but I sit down for a while and getting up is painful.Plus getting up in the night 100 times for a wee,another symptom.I have to kind of roll out of bed.

Thanks for reassuring me that I am not the only one that has felt this way.I will update how I get on Monday.

Getting up for the loo a lot and feeling sore when sitting could be vaginal atrophy. This is helped by localised oestrogen. I am so sorry you have this too as it is a nightmare.

I also did not know this kind of itching was possible. Inside the ears, eyes, nose! Everywhere.

I didnt know this,itching deep in ears too,almost makes me feel tearful thinking wow its not just me.

Yeah i need a wee way more often but no UTI and up in night more than I ever used to.I also get vaginal itchy feeling,I have to be careful to wear anything that irritates and recently bought feminine wash stuff.It feels like its coming from all angles with the symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2023, 03:21:07 PM »

Get thee some vaginal atrophy treatment ;-).  The idea is to insert every night for 2-3 weeks then as necessary: some manage with a couple of times a week, others require nightly application. 

Compose a letter now, when you feel stronger send it.  It bothers me that many ladies in ethnic communities would go away and suffer in silence if they are met with such ignorance: especially if English ins't their first language. 

Lavender1983

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2023, 03:31:01 PM »

Oh yes im sure many women go off and suffer.The only reason I had a bit of information was my own research etc

I think i will write everything down for my monday apt.Wish me luck😊

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2023, 04:33:56 PM »

Rather than the wash, you may find using an emollient more gentle. I was advised to apply an emollient before a shower, wash it off in the shower and then reapply some to act as a barrier.

I am glad you feel less alone now. 🙂

DottyD68

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2023, 04:59:11 PM »

Despite having a long list of symptoms that I had been collecting over a number of years, I was told by a female GP at 52 that I categorically was not peri menopausal because I was not having hot flushes and I was still having periods. I could have cried. The following year I spoke to her and I added hot flushes to my list. She prescribed HRT. It makes me so cross that all these other symptoms are not considered and we are left to suffer in silence thinking we have something serious and undefined wrong with us.

I really hope you get the appropriate treatment soon.

Same as Flossieteacake I have been taking Sea Buckthorn tablets for my dry eyes for some time. Not sure if it is a co-incidence but so far I have not had VA. Fingers crossed that one doesn't get on my list.

Good luck x

Lavender1983

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2023, 09:11:35 AM »

I really feel for you, you end up feeling silly when you are dismissed and yes, like there is something else wrong.
Worrying that Drs still say this when you are in their 'accepted' age bracket for peri/meno.

I just never considered all this stuff in my 30s, my children are getting older and more independent, I hit 40 and then this has floored me and my confidence!

Thanks for the luck x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »

None of us thought that far ahead and most of us thought it was the end of periods and a few hot flushes  ::).  Perimenopause is I think 'new' to the community in general, which kind of creeps up! and is not recognised in the medical profession.  My Dentist knows more about menopause than many GPs seem to !
Pages: 1 [2]