Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Update on vaginal yeast infection  (Read 8426 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update on vaginal yeast infection
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2023, 08:49:21 AM »

All the World is mad: except you and me and even you are a little bit ............  :whist:  ;)

Having had thrush following emergency surgery, ever since when undergoing elective ops I've started eating LIVE yoghurt the week B4 admission.  I think it was caused by the gut being empty prior to being in hospital. 

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2023, 08:54:08 AM »

:bighug: :bighug: :thankyou:

Dierdre

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2023, 03:28:32 PM »

Thank you all for your positive responses. I am improving very slowly. Have read that the Candida die off period can make symptoms worse before it gets better. Apparently, this means the toxins are being released from the body. It can cause muscle aches and pains and many other symptoms. Hadn't heard of this before. Have one more pessary to use tonight, so hoping that will be the end of it all. Started eating my live Yoghurt thanks CLKD for that recommendation and to Ann B for recommending the Garden of Life prebiotic had my first one this morning. Should hopefully be a new woman soon. Don't know where we would be without websites like this. Find it reassuring, that I am not completely mad. Thanks again for all your support.

I'd not heard of the candida die off untill recently having thrush so often and then googling why I felt so awful about 3 days after treatment. It's like it gets worse before it gets better because of the toxins released from the dying yeast cells. At least though you know the treatment has worked and the candida is dead.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2023, 03:38:25 PM »

Thanks for responding Deidre. Yes, hopefully the yeast is dead. As you say, it does get worse before it gets better. Hopefully, after using my final pessary tonight it will be dead for good. Apparently the die off period takes longer to release all the toxins if the Thrush was severe and heavy which mine apparently was. It can take up to 3 - 10 days to rid it all.

Dierdre

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2023, 08:48:46 AM »

Hope it works this time then, it's so depressing and debilitating, you wouldnt believe a yeast infection could cause so much misery.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 10:06:53 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2023, 11:31:09 AM »

It's interesting in a weird kind of way about the toxins moving from the body, not something that I had considered.

I do know that: a bit of a meander, this: when my friend made beer he had a bowl of live yeast in his fridge  :o - I wouldn't go near it!  In case it grabbed me ..........

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2023, 11:38:27 AM »

Quite agree CLKD and Deidre. Hadn’t considered the toxins moving from the body and not a thing I have ever heard of. Just came up when I was Googling my symptoms. Agree with Deidre thrush is depressing and debilitating. Hopefully on the way to a good recovery now. Take care ladies.

katMB

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2023, 07:36:08 AM »

Hello, sorry I didn’t read every single post on this thread so someone may have mentioned it already. But have you tried gyno-daktarin for persistent thrush?
This was prescribed for me by my GP as everything else had failed to improve my condition. I still do get bouts of thrush but when I use the gyno-daktarin it can clear up for months at a time.
I also have to try to completely eliminate sugar and wheat from my diet. Very difficult to do but it really helps as fungal infections thrive on sugar.
Someone also recommended optibac probiotic for women. They are capsules to be taken orally but you can apparently use them internally? Not sure how true this is though but thought I would mention it.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2023, 09:35:58 AM »

Thank you for responding KatMB, no haven’t tried gyno- daktarin thrush treatment. I have to make an appointment with a lady Doctor this week who will do a swab test for me, when she sends it off to be cultured she will ask for a sensitivity test to determine the strain of the infection. I am surprised this isn’t done in the initial stages when the first swab is sent off. Would make more sense to me, to ensure we are on the correct medication.I am having better days but still not 100%. When I look in the mirror, I can see a clear sticky white discharge rather like lemon curd. (sorry if too much information) so maybe I still have thrush. The lady Doctor hadn’t heard of Candida die off period. Well she has now. I will let you know how I get on. Take care.

Minusminnie

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2023, 02:45:38 PM »

With my heavy thrush overgrowth I ended up having 3 flucozanle tablets each taken 72 hours apart  - 3 TIMES before it finally started to improve and eventually go.   I also combined with ibuprofen on the last course as read an article that said it was effective to be used for Candida.  (If you google ibuprofen for thrush you will see the article).
 I was on holiday in Spain where you can buy flucozanle over counter and it is sold in packs of 4.  (Pessaries prescribed by GP prior to going away had failed). 
I hope you feel better soon

Found it. There are further posts from LDP in thread.

LDP

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »

Hi I’ve just posted in the other thread. Hope this is helpful.

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2023, 08:54:21 AM »

Midnight: nowt is too much info nor taboo on here!  That's exactly what thrush presents as although I didn't have the discharge, but OH the itching high up!  that was when I had stopped The Pill. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]