Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period came early and vaginal Utrogestan  (Read 496 times)

Emma74

Period came early and vaginal Utrogestan
« on: July 14, 2023, 09:39:44 AM »

Menopause questions are like buses, they seem to come all at the same time. I'm on day 7 on my 12 day utrogestan but my period has started this morning. Last 3 months of starting HRT have been regular as clockwork, pretty regular before this apart from a couple of early periods which started my whole peri journey. Do I still continue with utrogestan?

I take it vaginally so would prefer not to have to deal with that if I'm already bleeding.

I hate the term withdrawal bleed as I still have a natural cycle but I guess if you are on HRT your periods will still do what they would naturally do until they stop?

Emma74

Re: Period came early and vaginal Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 08:46:45 PM »

It is only a breakthrough bleed and not a real period. Decided to double up on the utrogestan vaginally to 200mg to see if that helps. I read low progesterone can lead to bleeding. Fingers crossed.

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 06:14:11 AM »

Is there a reason you were not using the standard dose?

Emma74

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 08:08:44 PM »

Is there a reason you were not using the standard dose?

My menopause nurse (gp surgery) referred me to youtube to do my own research! I found one of Louise Newsons collegues who said that you can half the dose if taking the alternative route.

I called for a follow-up appointment today and she is no longer doing follow ups. Once my period has stopped I will start again on the 200mg for 12 nights. It may be I didnt place them high enough? First three months were fine.