Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: anyone on utrogestan every other day  (Read 483 times)

vintagefiend

anyone on utrogestan every other day
« on: July 12, 2023, 11:38:48 AM »

Hi ladies,

I'm taking utrogestan 100mg daily- no womb so only taking it to balance oestrogen hrt craziness (which I can't seem to take on its own, frustratingly!)

I've been on the utro for almost 4 weeks and initially was really happy as it's definitely balanced the oestrogen and enabled me to to take it- was so worried I'd never be able to take oestrogen again

But over the last couple weeks, my mood has got quite dark and it's def the utro not the oestrogen- there's a difference in the low moods these can produce for me
I'm also really knackered/flat

without a womb i can obviously mess about with prog so would like to try it alternate days- I'm just worried that it'll be up (on the days I take it) and down (on my rest days) as it has short half life. or does that not matter once the utro in your system?

how is it for any ladies doing this alternate days?

thank you.

Gnatty

Re: anyone on utrogestan every other day
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 12:07:13 PM »

Hi there, I think you might already know that I take it alternate days. It seems to be working ok, maybe took a few days for my body to adjust. I don't notice any fluctuations. Like you with every day use it started to drag me down and make me feel continually tired. Another option might be to just take a few days break from it once a month maybe? In an ideal world there would be a 50mg capsule we could take!

vintagefiend

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 12:50:25 PM »

aw hi gnatty-I did wonder if you were still on it! thank you very much for replying

totally agree re smaller dose capsule- would be nice :)
but it's great to know that you don't experience fluctuations- that was my big worry
I hope you're doing well
I'm actually really pleased that I've been able to handle oestrogen hrt- at least better than before- and it is all thanks to the utrogestan- i now need to tweak that as it's having its own problems but overall I'm optimistic

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 02:54:55 PM »

That's good to hear. And then hopefully you will be about to cope with Testosterone too x

vintagefiend

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 02:09:24 PM »

thank you- yes, testosterone is definitely in the plan :)
just got bloods back and my shbg has soared to 75- honestly why does no frickin meno doctor know that prog can have such an influence!! my low shbg has prevented me from taking oestradiol properly for years- and forget testosterone. i'm fuming that there is so much ignorance but very relieved to be on the right path now
sorry had to rant- I will create a proper thread about all this when I start to feel the benefits.