Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy (Thick endometrial lining)  (Read 1413 times)

goodgal52

Hysteroscopy (Thick endometrial lining)
« on: July 09, 2023, 12:29:36 AM »

Hello ladies,Thanks for all your support .So my story so far ...I got my TVS (trans vaginal ultrasound) done .That procedure went ok by the grace of God 🙏Now in the follow up my Ob said "Well,your uterus lining seems to be very thick and wavy looks like endometrial hyperplasia.I will have to do a hysteroscopy ,dilatation and curettage,remove a fibroid and look for polyps with a telescope and remove them if I see them ...she said I do this procedure for many women ...no worries and I heard her tell the nurse that she wanted to get a biopsy done as well .Ok so that seems overwhelming .Any inputs ladies  ???
Thanks

Dierdre

Re: Hysteroscopy (Thick endometrial lining)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 07:48:33 AM »

I've sent a PM.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:08:58 AM »

It seems strange that you are having a D&C as well as the hysteroscopy? I found this on the NHS website under Hysteroscopy

A procedure called dilatation and curettage (D&C) used to be common to examine the womb and remove abnormal growths, but now hysteroscopies are carried out instead

Although it might sound scary the biopsy is standard when having a hysteroscopy the same as when having an endoscopy for the tummy or a colonoscopy for the bowel.

Taz x

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 10:53:01 AM »

I've had a D&C a couple of times years ago when my lining became too thick and I was having horrendous periods with very large clots every month. It lasted a couple of years then built up and I had it done again. I wasn't on HRT so no progesterone to keep it thin. As I got nearer postmenopause it became less of a problem.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 10:55:02 AM by Dierdre »