Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Greasy moisturiser  (Read 1466 times)

Mouse60

Greasy moisturiser
« on: July 04, 2023, 06:50:29 AM »

My Dr has prescribed Epimax ointment as an external vulval moisturiser and it is great but……
It is greasy and leaves grease stains on my clothes. All my trousers have crotch area grease stains now!
What could I ask the Dr for instead that will be as good at the job but not cost me a fortune in new clothes?

Flossieteacake

Re: Greasy moisturiser
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 06:57:00 AM »

Maybe you would prefer a cream? I use Aproderm but it will not be as moisturising as an ointment.

Mouse60

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 07:33:47 AM »

I definitely need the moisture, but can do without the grease stains!

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 08:37:23 AM »

Would it be enough to just apply plenty at night then just a thin smear during the day with a panty liner.

Jane_w

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 09:54:09 AM »

I am using sweet almond oil as an external moisturiser (recommended by vulval dermatologist as I have incredibly sensitive skin and can't use emollients) - it is light and absorbs very well I find. Doesn't seem to stain either. I suppose it depends on how much you need to use for comfort but it's been an absolute godsend for me as I can't seem to tolerate anything else! I buy from a brand called Fushi.

arc73

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 04:04:31 PM »

I hated a lot of the moisturisers I was prescribed for vulva use, like you I found them really greasy and unpleasant. I tried Cetraban and a few others

Eventually they suggested one called Dexeryl which seems to be less heavy and greasy. You can get it in Boots for around the same price as the other emollients

Mouse60

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 04:54:54 AM »

Thank you arc73!

Mouse60

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 07:10:08 AM »

Have bought the recommended cream - good for general exczma use but I def need an emollient ointment type moisturiser for VA.
My GP will prescribe something different if I ask her, but what would give as much moisturising and skin protection but no grease???