Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moving from Utrogestan to Cyclogest  (Read 1753 times)

Finalpause

• First Flush
Re: Moving from Utrogestan to Cyclogest
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2023, 08:29:04 AM »

Hi discogirl

It’s strange how there’s such a mixture of people who get on with different products isn’t it. I tried the utrogestan text ally as it gave me redness and strange odour (sorry tmi) vaginally. The cyclogest vaginally is fine no problems so far! The estrogen I think has triggered Lipedema in my legs so I daren’t go higher than 2 pumps as I just whop weight on my lower body. I started taking Dim 2 weeks ago as it sorts the right estrogen pathway so for me I’m hoping it sorts my weight problem which at the moment I don’t look as bloated and have lost a kg. Im sticking with it as I get awful missed beats in my heart and whooshing feeling in my body which is reduced with hrt. With regards your sore boobs my underarms got sore on too much estrogen not enough progesterone and feels like the lymph’s are up under them, that does feel better at the moment too just one underarm a little sore and occasional heart whoosh so if that carries on I might drop to 150ish cyclogest and trial that. It hard to get the correct balance for each person isn’t it Im waiting for a referral for testosterone to see if adding that helps too but it’s 8 months away and my dr won’t prescribe it. I bought some Dhea but a few days using it felt awful I think it raised my estrogen so that’s when I tried dim. A bit of a long winded reply but I hope some of it helps you xx

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2023, 08:33:22 AM »

Hi Finalpause.

Your reply is so helpful, thank you.

There really needs to be more options regarding progesterone for ladies as its that, that we suffer most side effects from.

Ermin2trude gives some really good information regarding progesterone and her replies have been very helpful to me.

I'm sticking with 150 to 170mg cyclogest at the minute as I don't really want to alter that since I've just reduced the gel.

Here's hoping everything gets balanced for us both. Thanks again for replying to my post, your information has been so helpful xxx

Finalpause

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2023, 08:46:13 AM »

You’re welcome and I hope you feel right soon!
I’ll have a look at that info thanks. I forgot to say I’m on 100mg of dim dosage once a day.

See how you go on that dosage as you’ve reduced your estrogen. It’s awful changing dose as that can disrupt how you feel too. Let me know if you get it right and feel better soon xx

discogirl

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2023, 08:55:42 AM »

I will Finalpause thanks so much for all your help.

you take care xxx
Pages: 1 [2]