Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and repeat prescription  (Read 724 times)

Jules

Vagifem and repeat prescription
« on: June 20, 2023, 07:46:04 AM »

After only ever being able to get vagifem in blocks because my GP insisted on taking breaks, I'm pleased to say after telling her the guidance has changed, she has issued a repeat prescription without quarrel. I also have Ovestin but no instructions so don't know what the advised amount should be. My GP told me it will increase the amount of estrogen  im using so may cause my breast pain to return
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:04:14 AM by Emma »

Flossieteacake

Re: Vagifem and repeat prescription
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 07:56:53 AM »

I am not an expert but I do not understand why using Ovestin could cause your breathing pain to return. Ovestin is very mild as is Vagifem. I cannot help feel that is an odd thing for your GP to say but I am sure other members will know more.

I put some Yes moisturising cream in the palm of my hand and put a little Ovestin on the top and mix it with my finger. I then apply this to the outer area. I use a pea size amount. Using Vagifem internally and Ovestin on the outer area is a great idea and should really help your VA.

It is good you have the repeat prescription now. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 08:31:09 AM »

well done for standing your ground Jules.  Your GP needs to look up NICE advice etc..  Why would it increase your pain, a lack of oestrogen is 1 of the reasons why muscles may become. lax = aches and pains  ::)

Let us know how you get on.

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 09:22:03 AM »

After only ever being able to get vagifem in blocks because my GP insisted on taking breaks, I'm pleased to say after telling her the guidance has changed, she has issued a repeat prescription without quarrel. I also have Ovestin but no instructions so don't know what the advised amount should be. My GP told me it will increase the amount of estrogen  im using so may cause my breathing pain to return
Well done on getting that sorted!!

I use both Vagifem and Ovestin. Vagifem every day and a small half pea sized amount of Ovestin twice a day on the outside, one tube can last me three months.
As time goes on you will know yourself how much dosage you need to get your VA under control.

Jules

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 09:30:15 AM »

Really sorry. That was a typo. I meant breast pain. I had breast pain initially with the vagifem so she said using more estrogen could trigger that. I'll try the Ovestin.  It has the same instructions though, 2 weeks daily load, twice weekly beyond that

--
Edit by Emma
fixed that for you
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:04:50 AM by Emma »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 09:36:16 AM »

Really sorry. That was a typo. I meant breast pain. I had breast pain initially with the vagifem so she said using more estrogen could trigger that. I'll try the Ovestin.  It has the same instructions though, 2 weeks daily load, twice weekly beyond that
No need to apologise. I make lots of typos. :)

Yes, although the instructions are the same, feel free to use more if you need to. Many of us need to use VA treatment more then twice a week.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 11:48:47 AM »

Hormones can certainly affect breast tenderness/pain - localised VA treatment side effects shouldn't last long.  Let us know how you get on!

Jules

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 12:51:27 PM »

Okay thanks everyone