Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi side effects  (Read 644 times)

Teaandbiscuits

Evorel Sequi side effects
« on: June 12, 2023, 11:29:26 PM »

Hello,
I’ve recently changed from Femoston 2/10mg to Evorel Sequi and have been feeling awful on the oestrogen/norethisterone patches. Has anyone else experienced the same? I feel so weepy, can’t sleep and have had lots of hot flushes when I’ve never had them before. It’s very early days on it but I’m not sure if I can keep going with it. Would Oestrogel and Utrogestan have less side effects do you know? I have unprovoked vulvodynia/vestibulodynia which is flaring up massively now too and with my hormones all over the place it’s just too much.
Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Sequi side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 08:49:42 AM »

Morning.

How are you treating the issues around the vulva/vagina?  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out!

Many find that the progesterone part of a regime upsetting.  Perhaps put the names of the products into the search box: separately - to read associated threads.  Make notes! 

Hopefully some1 will be along who knows a bit about HRT  ::)

Teaandbiscuits

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 12:57:48 PM »

Thanks for your reply CKLD.
I’ve tried all the local oestrogen going. Vagifem, Blissel gel, Estring and am now on Intrarosa. All of them sting and burn so badly and I always continue with them until I can’t possibly do anymore. The Intrarosa seems to be the best of the bunch for me burning wise.

I’ll do a search on Evorel patches and make some notes. Maybe give it another cycle and see if the side effects improve.
Thank you x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 01:05:00 PM »

Teaandbiscuits, I have no advice but just wanted to say how sorry I am you are in so much pain. Sometimes when skin is so very raw it may be better to use something like coconut oil alone, that is if you can tolerate it.

I hope you are getting support for the vulvodynia.

If Evorel Sequi is making you feel this way then I personally would try something else. This is a link which lists the different HRT preparations.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment.php

Teaandbiscuits

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 02:19:59 PM »

Thank you so much Flossieteacake. That’s so helpful and I will take a look at the link and have a read about all of the other different options.

There’s a little bit of support for the vulvodynia but it doesn’t seem straightforward to treat. My GP has referred me on but due to lengthy waiting lists and then review appointments I’m always left in limbo and trying to source treatments and solutions myself.
I’ve also tried Coconut oil and plain aqueous cream but they also burn. Even passing urine stings and burns. I guess if I could get the vulvodynia under control I could manage with my HRT symptoms better. I’ve just got to keep on trying and hoping.
Thanks so much for your reply x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 02:37:34 PM »

Thank you so much Flossieteacake. That’s so helpful and I will take a look at the link and have a read about all of the other different options.

There’s a little bit of support for the vulvodynia but it doesn’t seem straightforward to treat. My GP has referred me on but due to lengthy waiting lists and then review appointments I’m always left in limbo and trying to source treatments and solutions myself.
I’ve also tried Coconut oil and plain aqueous cream but they also burn. Even passing urine stings and burns. I guess if I could get the vulvodynia under control I could manage with my HRT symptoms better. I’ve just got to keep on trying and hoping.
Thanks so much for your reply x

You are so welcome. I think Aqueous cream is no longer recommended for skin issues. Perhaps something like hydromol would be help as I know some members on here use it to wash with. It is horrible everything is stinging and burning you. If only you could tolerate an emollient then it could be used as a barrier to protect the skin from urine touching it.

Teaandbiscuits

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 04:16:11 PM »

Aah, that’s good to know about aqueous cream. I had no idea it was no longer recommended. I’ll try and get hold of some hydromol cream and try that instead.
Thank you Flossieteacake x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 04:59:05 PM »

Aah, that’s good to know about aqueous cream. I had no idea it was no longer recommended. I’ll try and get hold of some hydromol cream and try that instead.
Thank you Flossieteacake x

You are most welcome.  :)

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 05:18:09 PM »

I would change too, I think it's unlikely to settle. If you're OK on the oestrogen only evorel patch you could use that alongside a different progestin such as utrogeston or you could change completely.

Teaandbiscuits

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 06:37:03 PM »

Thank you Sheila. I think you’re right. I will try and get it changed instead of waiting another month or so to see if things settle. I do feel ok on the oestrogen only patch so that’s another option to consider definitely.
Thank you x