Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: green and orange squares Oestrogel  (Read 2211 times)

joziel

green and orange squares Oestrogel
« on: June 12, 2023, 07:36:18 PM »

I've just switched to gel and have a question...

Is the whole green and orange square debacle over now? Are all Oestrogels in the UK back to being green square??

The bottles I currently have are green square but I need to order some more from Newson Health pharmacy. Will they also be green square? (Is anyone else on Oestrogel from them and do you know?) I just want to be sure I stay on the same stuff in case it absorbs differently.

Or is this old news and no longer an issue!? I haven't seen much about it on social media recently.

joziel

Re: green and orange squares Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 05:51:00 PM »

Anyone? Is all Oestrogel back to green squares now?

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 07:01:09 PM »

Hi joziel,

I use oestrogel and to be honest, I've used green and orange squared gel. I'm at the moment on ones with no colour one at all, the canisters I'm using are the "old type" canisters apparantely that Besins are using up at the moment, with a white cap and a kind of a pully thing that you have to pull out of the pump dispenser bit. There are no coloured squares on the bottle

I could be wrong but I think this may have been an issue when there was supply problems with the gel at Besins or maybe just faulty batches.

HaRuHaRu

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 09:14:05 PM »

I've just switched to gel and have a question...

Is the whole green and orange square debacle over now? Are all Oestrogels in the UK back to being green square??

The bottles I currently have are green square but I need to order some more from Newson Health pharmacy. Will they also be green square? (Is anyone else on Oestrogel from them and do you know?) I just want to be sure I stay on the same stuff in case it absorbs differently.

Or is this old news and no longer an issue!? I haven't seen much about it on social media recently.

I’ve only ever been given ones with an orange square (bottle with a green lid) - from an online pharmacy.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 10:18:52 PM »

Mine has a green lid but at the bottom is a little green square too.  :o

Oh gawd. I think it’s about the extra ingredients in the gel (the estrogen is the same) and some people not absorbing the orange square as well.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 05:43:01 AM »

I use both green and orange with no difference in efficacy.

HaRuHaRu

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 08:14:38 AM »

Mine has a green lid but at the bottom is a little green square too.  :o

Oh gawd. I think it’s about the extra ingredients in the gel (the estrogen is the same) and some people not absorbing the orange square as well.

This is interesting. I’m going to ask my local pharmacy about this and will let you what they say.

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 09:39:15 AM »

Hi the ingredients in both orange and green squares are the same.

joziel

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 11:55:18 AM »

Well that's what Oestrogel say, but it's the active ingredients which are the same. I don't know if the inactive ingredients are the same?!

alibeau

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2023, 05:32:13 PM »

Hi,

I definitely struggled with the whole green and Amber square saga….

Eventually I read on here about which colour had which batch number and so my pharmacist made a note on my file to only dispense my preference.

However in recent times for me the bottle has changed to the cylinder shape with a white lid and I am doing ok on this 👍🏻👍🏻

Ali x

joziel

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 08:36:05 PM »

Yes, confusingly there is now No Square  ;D  And apparently in Australia they have black square  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't know if people got a bit superstitious about it all but it did seem to be consistent that people felt green square wasn't as strong as orange square. If some people thought the other way round, I'd be more suspicious that people were just getting superstitious but it did seem consistent...

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 06:08:17 AM »

Hi Joziel

What coloured square are you on at the moment?

alibeau

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 09:37:34 AM »

So I had a quick look at the bottles I collected yesterday from the pharmacy.

I used to struggle on the green square (batch number would start with 10).
I was fine on the amber square (batch number would start with 73).

I asked the pharmacy to only dispense batch numbers starting with '73' which they were brilliant over.

I have checked all my cylindrical bottles (with no square at all) with a white lid that I have and they all start with '73' so I don't know if you can be given a cylindrical bottle with the other batch number or not?

Hope this helps!?!?

Ali x

discogirl

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 09:48:16 AM »

Hi alibeau,

My gel now is the same as yours I think; they have a white lid, and mine when I open it has a pully thing that you have to pull to get the pump dispenser to work.

And yes batch numbers start with a '73' so I think we're on the same ones.

I saw a thread which said that besins are using these 'older' type canisters something to do with a shortage of packaging??

Can you let me know how you get on with this one?

Thanks xx

alibeau

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 09:58:19 AM »

Hi alibeau,

My gel now is the same as yours I think; they have a white lid, and mine when I open it has a pully thing that you have to pull to get the pump dispenser to work.

And yes batch numbers start with a '73' so I think we're on the same ones.

I saw a thread which said that besins are using these 'older' type canisters something to do with a shortage of packaging??

Can you let me know how you get on with this one?

Thanks xx

I've been on this cylindrical shaped bottle (with white lid and a pully thing  ;)) for a while now and have been absolutely fine  ;)
Pages: [1] 2