Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Itching all over  (Read 1167 times)

Happydays

• First Flush
Itching all over
« on: June 11, 2023, 03:40:30 PM »

First time posting. Been lurking for a while and reading alot of posts now hoping someone can help.
Started on evorel sequi in Dec and has much improved the hot sweats and other symptoms
Last 8 weeks had intense itching all over much worse at night to the point im actually scratching my skin raw. Been seen by several GPS that have prescribed epimax dermacool and different antihistamines
They keep saying its not patch related as I had no side affects in first few months and it doesn't itch at patch site also had UTI and VA so now on imvaggis which has helped dramatically on that part
The itch is driving me insane any advice on how to stop the itch

Flossieteacake

Re: Itching all over
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 03:49:57 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Could it be you need more estrogen? Often itching can be caused by low oestrogen. I had a similar issue as you. I was constantly itching but there was nothing to see. I spoke to Drs who could not understand it and she prescribed an extra antihistamine. The itching stopped when I was on enough oestrogen.

I am so pleased to hear the imvaggis is helping the  VA.

Happydays

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 04:24:11 PM »

I've got another review in 2 weeks as she just started me on fexofenadine 120mg to see how I go. I'd rather have the hot sweats brain fog and mood I was in than the itch! The GP just keeps repeating I dont think its the patches and the levels should be sufficient if no improvement I'll refer for allergy testing! 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 05:36:29 PM »

I've got another review in 2 weeks as she just started me on fexofenadine 120mg to see how I go. I'd rather have the hot sweats brain fog and mood I was in than the itch! The GP just keeps repeating I dont think its the patches and the levels should be sufficient if no improvement I'll refer for allergy testing!

Is it worth cutting a patch in half and putting it on just to see if it helps the itching? I hope your review goes well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 05:58:48 PM »

It's usually low oestrogen levels.  As oestrogen drops the body may become dry, inside and out.  A good moisturiser may help to ease those areas that you can reach, I use 'vaseline' in the yellow bottle.  4 me it was itchy insteps: OK until I took off my socks at night, I would wake with one rough heel scratching the other !!

I 2nd Flossieteacake's recommendation of adding half a patch.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful too.

Happydays

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 06:19:22 PM »

Thank you both of you. I'll try adding half a patch and see if that helps any and also the extra moisturisers even though hubby says of you use any more creams you'll slide off the bed lol 😆. Joys of getting older and the added heat isn't helping at all

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 06:57:13 PM »

Moisturisers should soak in - eventually  ;).  DH uses Nivea on his dry legs and ear areas/lobes.  We use olive oil for the ears ........

Perhaps use the half on alternate nights so that you don't overwhelm the body?  Little steps ;-)

Happydays

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 07:25:22 PM »

Will see how i go this week.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 08:02:01 PM »

It can be very intense in the first few months of oestrogen loss.   :-\. Fortunately I haven't suffered particularly but occasionally parts of my skin begins to itch so I know that hormones are moving around.  ::)

Furyan

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2023, 03:45:18 PM »

This is really interesting. My mom had the most horrendous all over body itching ever when she was peri/post. She never took HRT. Doctors were always confounded and prescribed her anti histamines etc. I’ve since read that low oestrogen is the likely culprit. I myself have had very mild itching lately in comparison, and it’s being sorted by increasing my gel in tiny increments. Hope you find a long-term solution to get relief from this, as I know it was awful for my mom! x

Happydays

• First Flush
Re: Itching all over UPDATE
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2023, 03:35:45 PM »

Well been back to GP regarding still itching and changing from patch or increasing oestrogen. Seen a different GP who was very sympathetic to the itch and has done blood tests for everything to rule anything else out and has requested to STOP the patches immediately for 1 week to see of things improve regarding the itch.  Got appointment booked in for next week to see whats happened from here and wether to change to a gel or stick with patch and then will consider upping oestrogen.  Not looking forward to the hot sweats returning but rather that than the itching tbh. Seehow things go now

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2023, 03:59:31 PM »

I thought of you recently and wondered  :-\ when my body itched all over throughout the early hours of Tuesday  >:(.  Like I had been bitten ...........

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 04:10:03 PM »

I really hope the itching stops for you. I am glad you had a nicer GP this time.

Happydays

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2023, 04:10:27 PM »

CLKD its awful when it just won't stop on a plus point when I had bloods took (someone cancelled bloods when I was in for appointment so got took same day instead if waiting weeks  :) ) the nurse said I've got lovely well moisturised skin  ;D
I did reply I should think so with the amount of Hydramol ointment I'm using

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2023, 04:10:59 PM »

CLKD its awful when it just won't stop on a plus point when I had bloods took (someone cancelled bloods when I was in for appointment so got took same day instead if waiting weeks  :) ) the nurse said I've got lovely well moisturised skin  ;D
I did reply I should think so with the amount of Hydramol ointment I'm using
;D
Pages: [1] 2