Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone doing well on one or 1 1/2 pumps of Estrogel?  (Read 1560 times)

lilbebel

Anyone doing well on one or 1 1/2 pumps of Estrogel?
« on: June 08, 2023, 11:39:19 PM »

Hello,

I recently posted that I’m having a really hard time with all forms of progesterone. I’m postmenopausal and on continuous HRT. I need to experiment with going down to 50 mg Prometrium daily, but my doctor won’t support me so I need to do it myself. I’m currently taking two pumps of Estrogel, but would like to experiment with going a little lower just to minimize the risk of endometrial thickening as my progesterone dose is lower than the recommended 100mg daily amount. I’m taking Prometrium vaginally. My question is if any other women are having success on one pump or 1 1/2 pumps of Estrogel daily. Thank you all for any feedback.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 11:42:16 PM by lilbebel »

Fizwhizz

Re: Anyone doing well on one or 1 1/2 pumps of Estrogel?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 09:06:05 AM »

I’m on the equivalent of one pump a day of oestrogel now (I have bio identical private prescription). My oestrogen was too high on recent testing so I’ve been put down to this level plus a day off it each week so I don’t have another spike (my own body kicked in and produced oestrogen too). I was feeling awful when my oestrogen was too high. Now I feel ok but not as energised as I was before on the higher level of oestrogen treatment prior to the oestrogen spike. I just don’t feel the same level of joie de vivre now as but I feel calmer and suddenly older but maybe that’s because I feel a bit flatter now. It’s early days since my change of treatment so I’m still adjusting I think. Not sure if this is helpful.

Fizwhizz

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 09:08:44 AM »

Just to add. I thought I was post meno as I have a coil and no bleed for years but I seem to still be having hormonal spikes. I’m assuming I’m in the 12 months after last period now as I’m 54.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 09:59:00 AM »

I'm in peri and have been on one pump since starting hrt at end of December. Most day of the month it works fine for me. After withdrawal bleed when estrogen rising, I sometimes only need half a pump so play it by ear as later in the month I might need a bit more than a pump. 

lilbebel

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 06:22:49 PM »

Thank you everyone for your input.