Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can I use Oestrogel close to my vulva?  (Read 1253 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Can I use Oestrogel close to my vulva?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2023, 02:36:37 PM »

Used as a preventative treatment and stimulating the tissues in the process,  would that then mean that you prevent VA in the future.

My thinking has gone into overdrive today. We are all expected to work longer,  what If I was a sex worker that still needed to work, if I was lucky to get the punters that is as an aging woman, but what if you needed oestrogen cream to keep plumped up for that reason alone, wonder what a GP's reaction would be.

That is an excellent question!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2023, 02:48:17 PM »

I think that sex workers are quite well served in that many LAs have Clinics that they can visit on a regular basis to check for STDs etc..  Apparently the incident of Gonerrhea and syphilis are rising ..........

Clovie

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2023, 02:53:49 PM »

Thanks ladies, for all the replies ... and some food for thought!  ;D  ;D

I think what I'll do is start to use it as near as I can to 'normal' skin in that area, very upper thigh, very lower abdomen etc etc instead of my usual general inner thigh.

Then when I next DO need to see my GP I wish ask for localised too, hope she is amenable.

But here's a thought - - maybe it's because I HAVE always been using it on my inner thighs it has gone some way and prevented VA thus far?  ::)

Most (well the few ladies I know who have spoken about HRT) use oestrogel on their upper arms?

Hmm.... interesting...

Minusminnie

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »

Used as a preventative treatment and stimulating the tissues in the process,  would that then mean that you prevent VA in the future.

I was thinking more that if you stimulated tissue that really didn’t need stimulating that you possibly couldn’t then pull back from it & could bring on VA as a consequence.

It is all directly on a sensitive area.

joziel

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2023, 03:33:08 PM »

If you're over the age of 50, you can buy vaginal estrogen off-prescription yourself from any pharmacy now. It's called Gina but it's the same thing as Vagifem. It might work out expensive if you need it every day tho....

Clovie

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »

If you're over the age of 50, you can buy vaginal estrogen off-prescription yourself from any pharmacy now. It's called Gina but it's the same thing as Vagifem. It might work out expensive if you need it every day tho....

Would they notify my GP surgery though, do you know?  ::)

Because although i'm over 50, I'm 59,  but I'm still having periods, my periods have never stopped. It says for post menopausal women.

Thanks! :)

joziel

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2023, 03:41:43 PM »

No, they won't notify your doctor.

You might need to be liberal with the truth if you want to tick their boxes(!) but there's nothing wrong with using vaginal estrogen before post-menopause. Lots of us are, via prescriptions from our doctors.

SarahT

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2023, 06:48:41 PM »

Clovie,
I am 56 and get periods every single month without fail. I have the mirena coil, so I don't have full bleeds. But I get all the usual pms symptoms, and This month (probably due to increasing my patch) I also had light bleeding\spotting.

So. I AM in peri, I still get regular 'periods'  (never missed even a month, no erratic periods for this peri woman) and my g.p is happy to prescribe Ovestin for the last 4 years or so,along with Sylk for vulva moisturiser and as a sexual lubricant, and now YES to replace the unavailable sylk.

We don't tick their boxes, but despite our age and our cycles, we should have the much needed hrt in all its forms to help us have a better quality of life.

Pages: 1 [2]