Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: vagiefem and cancer  (Read 1624 times)

Jules

Re: vagiefem and cancer
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2023, 09:14:17 PM »

Thanks everyone. I've only 3 days to go. I usr vagifem twice a week. Need another prescription but I'll have the same problem. I'll ask at the breast clinic though

Jules

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2023, 09:22:17 AM »

The breast care nurse phoned. She hasn't made me feel any better. She said women are asked to assessment clinics because they've seen something on the mammogram that they're concerned about. Other than that she didn't tell me anything I didn't know

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2023, 09:31:50 AM »

Her use of 'concern' is a little lazy - did U not ask what she meant exactly?  I would ring back and ask what the word 'concern' might cover.

Let us know how you get on.

Ayesha

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2023, 09:45:03 AM »

I would wait for the appointment instead of getting yourself more stressed out, nurse can't tell you anything.
It's preventative medicine, beneficial in the long run but scares the heck out of most of us, no wonder so much mental health about.

Be proud that you turned up for your mammogram, when I sat there asking where everyone was, they said no one most times bother to turn up.

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2023, 09:51:20 AM »

Jules, I haven't had a mammogram yet, but I'd imagine the word 'concern' in this context covers such a wide variety of things, including even the image just being a bit dodgy / unclear, to perhaps shading caused by the angle not being quite right.
You have been through an awful lot recently, sounds like your nervous system is in overdrive which is understandable. Totally get this is really worrying, I'd be the same, but I think you may be reading something negative into the word concern that probably wasn't intended.
Try also not to make the link between the vagifem and the recall, it really is such a low dose compared to systemic hrt, and even that is low risk.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2023, 12:21:22 PM »

My GP didn't hesitate in prescribing vaginal atrophy treatment even though I had cancer treatment in the 1990s - Quality of Life is important too and VA symptoms can be overwhelming.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there  :-X

Jules

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2023, 02:39:31 PM »

Yes I know I've been in a heightened state for months so not coping very well and now expect bad news constantly. I was told 2 months ago that I have pre-cancerous cells in my oesophagus, just casually handed a leaflet as I woke from sedation. Still waiting for biopsy results 2 months later.  It's very poor and the letters I'm getting are out if date, still referring to covid restrictions. I go for all health screening, I don't understand those who don't but I do think we're sometimes so busy trying to avoid disease, we're missing out on living.

Jules

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2023, 03:26:14 PM »

Her use of 'concern' is a little lazy - did U not ask what she meant exactly?  I would ring back and ask what the word 'concern' might cover.

She also said something suspect. I got the impression she meant cancer.
Pages: 1 [2]