Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mystery Vertigo - Going Bonkers - Any Ideas?  (Read 1605 times)

HellsBells

Mystery Vertigo - Going Bonkers - Any Ideas?
« on: June 01, 2023, 03:59:28 PM »

I am absolutely doing my crust here. Have had 4 weeks+ of vertigo when lying down at night - not turning head or changing 'planes' from vertical or horizontal, but more when there is pressure on my neck. Both sides and when I lie on my back.

I have had a head and neck MRI which is clear except for a cyst but that has been deemed 'clinically irrelevant'. It is in the 'left middle fossa' wherever that is.

It's not BPPV as I have had that several times and it is completely different. My ENT, though very nice, won't listen when I tell him it's very specific pressure which is causing it. I see an osteopath and she has said that my neck is in really good shape.

I have no idea what it is, it's good that it isn't MS or a brain tumour etc but is is quite debilitating as I feel slightly drunk the rest of the time.

The only thing left is TMJ - but both sides? How likely is that? Had to cancel my holiday and we both desperately need one. Haven't been away for four years.

Taz2

Re: Mystery Vertigo - Going Bonkers - Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 04:33:35 PM »

This sounds like a viral infection such as labryinthitis. My son had this for many months. He had to come home to live as he couldn't cope alone. It doesn't show up on any scans etc but I guess you have been out through the physical tests for this?

Taz x  :hug: