Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Internal Jittery sensation  (Read 2736 times)

Losingtheplot

Internal Jittery sensation
« on: May 22, 2023, 12:30:58 PM »

Hi Ladies
Has anyone suffered the awful internal jittery sensations that have eventually passed? I think i am peri and on month 2 of HRT gel and Utrogestan and it seems to be helping I think. But I still suffer palpatations mainly on a morning and this awful internal jittery feeling throughout the day I have it now! My anxiety is slowly getting better but the jittery feeling has gone on for months and months now its not down to hunger as I can feel like this after food. Just looking for hope....

Booroo

Re: Internal Jittery sensation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 12:44:39 PM »

Hi Ladies
Has anyone suffered the awful internal jittery sensations that have eventually passed? I think i am peri and on month 2 of HRT gel and Utrogestan and it seems to be helping I think. But I still suffer palpatations mainly on a morning and this awful internal jittery feeling throughout the day I have it now! My anxiety is slowly getting better but the jittery feeling has gone on for months and months now its not down to hunger as I can feel like this after food. Just looking for hope....

Yep can relate to that! I always thought it was hypos in the night and could literally shake from head to foot with heart galloping it’s awful,better now on hrt/ or less stress

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 12:47:47 PM »

Hello Losingtheplot

I have had this sensation and it is horrible. For me this arrived during post meno and my trusty Meno book reassured me that it was due to falling hormones. For me the jittery feelings are closely linked to anxiety and it is interesting that you have noticed a distinction between these sensations.

I understand that this does resolve naturally at some point and hopefully ladies with more experience will be along soon.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 12:48:05 PM »

I had this yesterday and do not know why. Do not worry, this is common and it does pass. :)

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 04:20:01 PM »

Hi,

Yes I assumed the jittery feeling was part of the anxiety. I do get this feeling also when I up my patch dose,  and a bit breathless, but this tends to ease after a few days since my body gets used  to the new higher dose.  As my anxiety seems to be lessening, or I am maybe better able to cope with it,the jitters don't seem as frequent now.
Hope then it passes for you as others suggest. X

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 04:37:19 PM »

I think I get this too. In my hands, elbows, knees, tummy. Feels like shaky inside but when i look nothing is shaking. Is that what you mean or is yours all over? I have always wondered what it is, and it's come on again today when I am due my withdrawal bleed.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 05:33:32 PM »

I think I get this too. In my hands, elbows, knees, tummy. Feels like shaky inside but when i look nothing is shaking. Is that what you mean or is yours all over? I have always wondered what it is, and it's come on again today when I am due my withdrawal bleed.

Hi Penguin

Yes its very much as you describe! Its so strange does seem less frequent but still having episodes just never experienced this before these past few months. I do suffer anxiety but this can come on when I don't feel particular stressed or anxious. Will stay positive it passes x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 05:36:23 PM »

Hi Ladies

Yep can relate to that! I always thought it was hypos in the night and could literally shake from head to foot with heart galloping it’s awful,better now on hrt/ or less stress

[/quote
Hi Booroo,

I tend to suffer mornings with this awful sensation but can filter on throughout the day! The tummy flutters mega early at 3am have calmed down with the awful anxiety and hopefully my body is responding to HRT as things appear to be improving gradually x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 05:37:48 PM »

Hello Losingtheplot

I have had this sensation and it is horrible. For me this arrived during post meno and my trusty Meno book reassured me that it was due to falling hormones. For me the jittery feelings are closely linked to anxiety and it is interesting that you have noticed a distinction between these sensations.

I understand that this does resolve naturally at some point and hopefully ladies with more experience will be along soon.

K.

Thank you so much Kathleen I will look.forward to when this does eventually run its course.
You take care too my lovely xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 05:38:18 PM »

I had this yesterday and do not know why. Do not worry, this is common and it does pass. :)

Big hugs Flossie xxx thank u

Losingtheplot

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 05:40:01 PM »

Hi,

Yes I assumed the jittery feeling was part of the anxiety. I do get this feeling also when I up my patch dose,  and a bit breathless, but this tends to ease after a few days since my body gets used  to the new higher dose.  As my anxiety seems to be lessening, or I am maybe better able to cope with it,the jitters don't seem as frequent now.
Hope then it passes for you as others suggest. X

Hey hunni

Thank you. I just don't always feel its anxiety related for me when it comes on. Sorry you also suffer these. I hope your doing ok been thinking of you xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 06:05:15 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Penguin - The shaking that I have is in my abdomen area. According to my book it is due to lower hormones affecting the brain but the sensation is experienced in the body.

I have often mentioned that the best description I ever heard was from a member of this forum who said that she felt as if she had swallowed a large mobile phone that was stuck on vibrate.

I hope your shaking resolves soon.

K.

DottyD68

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 06:28:49 PM »

I never had anxiety symptoms before perimenopause and now I have built up a menu of them, and not by choice  ::). They have come and gone and keep coming back over the past few years. I have learnt not to panic so much when they occur but they are still very unpleasant.

They range from:-

- jittery "exam type" feelings in my stomach like something bad is about to happen
- jittery/shivery/fizzing feelings like whole body is shaking uncontrollably inside (like low blood sugar)
- buzzing sensation like internal bodily tinnitus that flicks on and off usually during the night (this for me is the worst)
- fluttering palpitations in chest/throat
- pounding loud heart but not fast
- ectopic beats (I hate these)

I have had various tests and nothing sinister has shown up so when they occur I just try and live through them. Its worst during the night.

When I wrote them down they sound mad. Having this forum to refer to has been a godsend as I realise that I am not alone and that helps greatly.

It will pass.

Penguin

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 06:28:55 PM »

Hi Kathleen
Oh that is a good description thank you and exactly how it feels. My brain feels off too today, couldn't solve a simple maths problem, just couldn't think straight, had to phone my friend and ask her to explain verbally how she'd calculated it. Glad to hear it is hormones!

Losingtheplot,  no I don't think mine is anxiety either. I know when I'm anxious and what my body feels like. This is very much physical, but is most unpleasant and can result in me feeling anxious as it just makes me so unsettled. Hope you feel better soon, no fun is it.

DottyD68

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 06:34:13 PM »

Just to add to the above, I also dont think I feel "anxious" to cause them when I experience them, but just having them makes me feel anxious. If that makes sense? Particularly when I wake in the middle of the night with them.
Pages: [1] 2 3