Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patches drying out  (Read 1249 times)

Ruthie

Patches drying out
« on: May 19, 2023, 04:07:13 PM »

Hi all,
I've recently started my second box of Evorel conti patches,  and whilst the first box were trouble-free, these ones are problematic. The first one didn't seem to stick at all,  and the latest one stuck but now feels crinkly/ dry 36 hours before I need to change it (its still sticking well)..  I'm also feeling very on edge today (which is very unusual for me), and am wondering whether the patch has been fully absorbed already? I'm contemplating putting a new one on, but never had to do that with the first packet.  Has anyone else had similar issues with different packs of patches, could it be a 'dud' packet?

Flossieteacake

Re: Patches drying out
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 04:19:35 PM »

It sounds like it could be a faulty patch. Perhaps you could email the company along with the batch number just to tell them so they are aware? How annoying for you. It may help to apply a Tegaderm dressing over them to see if they will stick a little better until you can get some more.

Ruthie

Re: Patches drying out
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 05:24:35 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake. I have another packet to try,  but they were dispensed at the same time so may have the same issue.  I think I'll try changing them now frequently for now.