Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 4 months continuous Utrogestan 100mg  (Read 425 times)

Clovie

4 months continuous Utrogestan 100mg
« on: May 17, 2023, 03:46:27 PM »

Hi all

I'm sorry for all the posts these last few months, really I am, but I am in such a quandary :(

Wondered if anyone had any opinions, before I see GP please?

Background -
Age 59
Periods have never stopped.
Was on sequential Estrogel and 200mg Utrogestan 10 days per month (Except I was having my OWN bleeds as well every 21-26 days, normal length as a period, PMS symptoms before hand and bleeds lasted the length of a period)

I was supposed to do the Utrogestan every month, but because I was having my own bleeds I did utrogestan every on average 2 or 3 months.

Anyway - all this bleeding - withdrawal bleeding and my own 'periods' led to me becoming severely anaemic.

GP put me on continuous utrogestan because of my age and the fact that these could not be periods at my age, and sent me to a gynae and for a scan.

Scan was perfect. No abnormalities whatsoever,  thin lining and was the womb of a 'still menstruating woman'

I have persevered with the continuous Utro but every 21-26 days I am still having a regular predictable  'period' despite switching to continuous  from sequential (no change at all) after 4 months+?

Opinions please?

I know the GP will not accept I am still menstruating and am afraid she will stop my HRT :(

Thank you x

sheila99

Re: 4 months continuous Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »

She isn't watching how you take it (I hope  ;)). Personally I would go back on sequi.If you can tell when you ovulate start utro a day or two later so the two cycles are aligned (that's what I did). If you can't then stop utro when you have yiur own bleed and start counting again from day 1. I think the advice is to carry on with utro regardless but I suspect this comes from someone who hasn't actually lived through it. As long as you have a decent bleed your lining should be OK.

Clovie

Re: 4 months continuous Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 12:11:21 PM »

She isn't watching how you take it (I hope  ;)). Personally I would go back on sequi.If you can tell when you ovulate start utro a day or two later so the two cycles are aligned (that's what I did). If you can't then stop utro when you have yiur own bleed and start counting again from day 1. I think the advice is to carry on with utro regardless but I suspect this comes from someone who hasn't actually lived through it. As long as you have a decent bleed your lining should be OK.

Thank you Sheila

Yeah, I do feel like taking in cyclically again as it seems quite clear to ME anyway, that I'm not fully menopausal yet.
but my concern is, i WAS doing my own thing and it was that got me into a lot of trouble, severe anaemia :(

I wonder if after 4 months my 'periods' should be stopping now due to the utro stopping my lining building up?

Or does it take longer for continuous utro to work? My GP obviously doesn't know and the Gynae didn't seem to either :(

They've made me feel like a freak, doubting I have periods at 59. :(