Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 8624 times)

Dorothy Gale

Re: Sertraline
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2023, 09:12:54 AM »

I really hope this improves for you. X

tambourine queen

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2023, 11:52:40 AM »

Thank you.  Managed to grab a few hours last night. Spoke to docs today and got some anti histamines to try to help. Feel a bit less seedy today. Not sure if anxiety is feeling any change or not- lack of sleep really not helping.

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2023, 05:03:27 PM »

Keep going. You're doing great. Keep us posted x

tambourine queen

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2023, 06:35:58 AM »

Day 10. I have felt a bit more level the last couple of days and sleep was improving -without anti histimines- but last night it was all to pot again! I’m feeling a bit on edge again today but I think the sleep situation isn’t helping. Having counselling too so trying to just put into practise my CBT and I think the sertraline is helping me do that. I think I’ll try an antihistamine tonight.

SarahT

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2023, 10:55:55 AM »

Well done on persevering,  beginning a new medication, or indeed changing the dose can lead to nasty side affects until the body gets used to it. In some ways of feels like a test of nerves- get over the creator the him and hopefully all will settle. You have seen some improvements which is great, you will beginners and we are with you.

Jules

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2023, 10:34:02 AM »

Again, I don't tale sertraline but my sin does, granted no menopause,  but it did in fact take some messing around to get dose right and get used to it too but he was so desperate that he persevered and along with CBT he got some life back. He gets withdrawal effects if he forgets a dose.

tambourine queen

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2023, 07:45:15 AM »

Hey. Sleep starting to improve again without anti histamines. I feel some improvement but still don’t feel totally myself. But it’s defo better than where I was! Daytime side effects pretty much worn off now- maybe still a wee bit sweaty and tiny bit headachy at times. This is day 12.

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2023, 08:42:34 AM »

Thanks for updating. We'll done persevering.

I was told it can take a few weeks to see the full benefit so hang on. X

Anxiety Annie

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2023, 08:15:26 AM »

Hi Tambourine Queen,  Our symptoms are very similar,  except I am 4 months ahead of you !  Keep going better days are ahead, you have got this girl  :) 

tambourine queen

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2023, 06:27:28 AM »

Sleep all to pot again and anxiety back on the rise but I think hormones are playing a part this last couple of days so trying to just know that logically!

tambourine queen

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2023, 06:47:05 AM »

Just wanted to update. Day 41. What a difference this drug has made to me! I feel so much like my old self again.
Sleep a bit affected still- I get to sleep fine but wake up a bit through the night- but I can always get back to sleep.it’s just a bit annoying. But it’s all good. I also can still cry at movies- lol!
I have very very few actual perimeno symptoms now I’m off HRT- tiny bit of cramping mid month and pre period which I didn’t have as a youngster and a tiny bit of brain fog. This proves my point that HRT was too soon for me and causing me problems. I’m open to going back on it in the future. I’ve also been having therapy and the combination has worked a dream. Just wanted to update in case anyone is being offered this. The first two weeks- ugh. But after that-totally worth it!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2023, 10:33:54 AM »

Well done U  :medal: :great:

It can seem like a long haul finding out what suits/not.  Little steps!

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2023, 12:05:53 PM »

:hapij: so nice to hear some good news!

So pleased for you and thank you for the update.

D xx

Anxiety Annie

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2023, 12:02:38 PM »

I started this thread back in May when I was in a very dark place.  Up until a a week ago I was doing great, however the last few days I have started to feel particularly low.   I always struggle in the Winter months ( lots of bad memories, family losses and the stresses of Christmas).  I need to be kept busy and stimulated, or I end up sitting worrying about my life.  I have started  a course on mental health illness, both to keep my brain activated but also to hopefully extend the small knowledge I have to help myself personally or others.
I live alone a lot as my Husband works away.   As I said I have started to feel down again,  I am absolutely terrified that I end up back to the place I was almost 6 months ago.
Was wondering if anyone else struggles in winter and what they do to help,  I am  thinking of taking Multi vitamins (especially VitD) .  Any help is REALLY appreciated

SarahT

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2023, 01:29:07 PM »

Hello Annie,

I am in a bit of a similar position to you. My moods have been truly shocking and like you, very dark. With your doubts my mental health has been my very worse peri symptom. I thought I had it all stabilised with a high oestrogen patch and a low dose AD, and the last couple of months have been pretty good. But the last three days I feel I am very low  again mood wise. So I totally get the fear we are sliding back down.
My hope is that it is another blip, a temporary set back, maybe my hormones are fluctuating again ( despite not my pms week) I also have underlying cortisol/thyroid stuff being investigated.

My big advice is to do as you have done today. Always post on here when you need to. Someone will always be there who understands how you feel. I have definitely been helped back up by some amazing women on here.

I am not the best to advise on Vitamins, hope someone else can step in.

I thinks it's a fabulous way of helping yourself and potentially others by learning a mental health course. And yes, keeping your self occupied before the thoughts to haywire. When I was in the very severe moods I stayed close to my husband as I was a bit scared, I realise you are often on your own, so I urge you to reach out here, or indeed know there are places to call if you feel you are in a crisis.

Keep busy, physically and mentally, keep up with your meds, and please be assured people do understand and care x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7