Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding and utrogestan  (Read 659 times)

Greengoddess

Bleeding and utrogestan
« on: May 05, 2023, 06:13:10 PM »

Hello all

A brief synopsis….I’ve been on Oestrogel 2-3 pumps and Utrogestan 100mg continuously for around four months now.

In the first few months, I had a few little episodes of spotting, nothing much to speak of. However, I have now been bleeding fairly heavily for about eleven days. When I saw my meno doctor a week ago, she suggested that I could try taking 200mg of Utrogestan if I didn’t stop bleeding to try and “reset” things.

I wanted to ask if anyone had done this with any success? Would I need to up the gel at all to balance things out?

I am kind of guessing that perhaps because I have always had a thickened womb lining (around 13mm, investigated a year ago and no concerns) maybe the new continuous Utrogestan is shedding this excess??

Any help gratefully received!

Teresa

Re: Bleeding and utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 07:47:25 PM »

Hi Greengoddess,

I’m in a similar situation to you, in that I had bleeding a year ago and then started bleeding about two months ago and I was told my lining was a little thick last year, but I also had fibroids. The bleeding did stop, but after having another hysteroscopy, I was told to double the utrogestan to 200 mg which I’ve been on now for about 4-5 weeks, however, I did have bleeding again after two weeks into the 200mg, but it only lasted about 8 days instead of 14 days, which I had before, so I’m hoping this might be improving.

3 pumps of gel equate to 75mg oestrogen I think, which is why I think they’ve asked you to up the progesterone. You could try what I’m doing and see if you can get your estradiol levels tested, just to check you are actually absorbing that amount. On continuous progesterone, you’re not supposed to bleed. I don’t think you should try increasing the gel any more.

Is this the first time you’ve been on HRT?  As 75 mcg is quite a large dose to start on?

I will admit, I initially felt ok on the 200mg utrogestan, but I think it’s making me feel quite anxious now I’ve been taking it this length of time, so I think something might be out of balance now &  this is what makes it all very tricky for us to try and navigate through.

Teresa
X