Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and Vagirux  (Read 773 times)

louise g

• First Flush
Vagifem and Vagirux
« on: May 02, 2023, 05:54:23 PM »

Hello Everyone
I have been on Vagifem for nearly 10 years now for vaginal dryness with no complications.  Last month my repeat prescription was changed to Vagirux.  Since using this I have had problems with bleeding, watery discharge and thrush,  The applicator with vagirux is reusable after washing in soapy solution.  The applicator is also a different design than the vagifem one.  After never having thrush in my life and the other issues I have had since using Vagirux I can't help but think that there is a connection between the prescription change and the problems I am having now.  I just wondered if anyone else had eperienced this when changing from Vagifem to Vagirux?

Flossieteacake

Re: Vagifem and Vagirux
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 06:17:05 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Quite a few members have posted they do not get on with vagirux. Despite us being told they are the same, it seems they are not as people are reacting to it. You may want to pop the name in the search bar and have a browse of the threads that pop up.

Is it possible to get your prescription changed back to vagifem?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 06:33:01 PM »

This has happened to many women on here including me,you'll be told they are exactly the same but they clearly aren't,you'll have been changed because vagirux is half the price of vagifem,I just asked my Dr to specify vagifem on my prescription which she did.
And welcome to the forum  :)

louise g

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 07:02:15 PM »

Hi that's really interesting to hear.  I'm seeing a gynaecologist about the bleeding this week so will mention to him about the problems other people are also experiencing with Vagirux.