Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stopped my HRT  (Read 444 times)

Mollymoo

Stopped my HRT
« on: May 02, 2023, 04:58:20 PM »

Been taking HRT for years due to premature meno
Am now 51 was 21
I Have osteopenia

I went to the GP about 6 weeks ago due to very up and down moods/crying.  She put me on Fluoxetine telling me that I was depressed and said it is not my hormones so I decided to give it a go.

A week later I made the decision to stop taking my HRT because i started bleeding a few months ago and even though it was confirmed everything was ok I was still worrying about it.  I thought if i stop the HRT and the bleeding stops then I will know for sure that is is definitely the HRT.

So 6 weeks later i am feeling really good, no crying, no depression, no bleeding.  The only symptoms I am having is feeling very tired which i think is the fluoxetine and feeling hot (no sweats) just hot and lethargic but i can cope with that.

My question is will my osteopenia deteriorate if i am not taking hrt. 

Has anybody else stopped taking HRT and felt better?  Do we need these HRT hormones once we are at natural menopause age?

Would love your views on this 

Nas

Re: Stopped my HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 05:07:45 PM »

Very good question re needing HRT and osteopenia. I am in a similar boat. Been on hrt for a good 4 years but never felt great. 

It all depends on symptoms i think. It you can live with them, don’t worry about taking HRT. If symptoms become unbearable, it might be better to take some form of HRT.

They say oestrogen protects heart and bones, but by how much, I don’t know.

To me, HRT is only good if you can get the balance and dose right. That in itself is challenge!

Im testing lenzetto spray today ( my final attempt at HRT) then I’m quitting.

Best of luck.
😀
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 05:09:55 PM by Nas »