Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Utrogestan both ways??  (Read 4495 times)

Zara69

Re: Utrogestan both ways??
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2023, 07:52:26 AM »

I use it at night..bit of lube on it and just inside ..your body sucks it in and it’s gone ..no mess at all..so easy, and I was initially frightened to try but no bladder or womb irritation no bloating or exhaustion but don’t try it without dr knowing what you are doing

sheila99

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2023, 08:44:39 AM »

What sort of lube do you use? Are there any that might stop it being absorbed?

Zara69

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2023, 05:54:49 PM »

Just a water based one from “yes” x

discogirl

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2023, 06:03:14 PM »

could i ask.

i think hurdity a while ago mentioned a good point about using utro rectally and that was would the outer coating of the utro dissolve enough to give enough protection etc xx

violetbat

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2023, 12:08:35 PM »

I have done 2 days rectally now. So much easier. I have had horrible pain since last Sunday when I had been using it vaginally. The pain was so bad this month that I was about to stop taking them.
The pain has all but gone now :)

discogirl

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2023, 06:47:48 PM »

I have done 2 days rectally now. So much easier. I have had horrible pain since last Sunday when I had been using it vaginally. The pain was so bad this month that I was about to stop taking them.
The pain has all but gone now :)

thanks for sharing that violetbat
 im so pleased.

do you use it at night x

violetbat

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2023, 06:59:17 AM »

Hi
Yes- at night.
Having said that I am on day 8 of the utrogestan and I have started bleeding this morning. Usually I bleed 2 days after finishing the course when using vaginally.
I wonder whether the absorption rate IS different using it rectally? This early bleeding would happen if I used it orally and the absorption rates were may be more erratic.
Next month I will use it just rectally and see what happens. If I get early bleeding again then I will go back to vaginally- as much as I hate it- so painful😟😢

sheila99

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2023, 08:19:10 AM »

Doe it matter if you bleed early as long as it's a decent bleed? Are you still peri where it could be your own hormones?

violetbat

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2023, 09:25:49 AM »

Doe it matter if you bleed early as long as it's a decent bleed? Are you still peri where it could be your own hormones?

A good question. I don’t know if I am still peri or not. I haven’t had an unexpected bleed for quite some time now. It could be that though.🙂

discogirl

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2023, 10:20:18 AM »

Well I'm going to speak to my gp tomorrow and I plan to use the utrogestan anally.

If i take it orally at night it keeps me awake, seems to be the same vaginally at night.

I have been using it vaginally during the day but with me peeing etc I'm concerned I'm losing a lot of it.

My plan is as long as gp is okay to use it rectally in the mornings (obviously after a bowel movement) sorry tmi;

I think rectally the capsule should 'stay up' easier and after readings posts on here and some research regarding anal use, albeit for fertility treatment, I think this is the best option open to me.

xx

discogirl

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2023, 01:44:56 PM »

hi poppytoast

if this us the case great,  however as you say more research really needs to be done for womens health in general.

if i do decide to use it this way i will come back and update everyone. thanks x

violetbat

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2023, 03:09:56 PM »

hi poppytoast

if this us the case great,  however as you say more research really needs to be done for womens health in general.

if i do decide to use it this way i will come back and update everyone.
thanks x

Please do let us know what your gp thinks. I am really hoping this is an option.

discogirl

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2023, 03:15:20 PM »

me too violetbat.

i will keep you updated xx

Kingfisher

• First Flush
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2023, 05:54:45 AM »

Hi ladies
My first post.

I've tried utrogestan every which way.  I just wondered if anyone has taken it cyclically using both routes orally and vaginally at same time, to shorten the dose each route and therefore mitigate the side effects?

I've tried:
- 100mg orally 25/28 days pm, made me way too tired after second month (also vivid dreams).
- 200mg 2 weeks orally 3 month long cycle, constipation/piles (never again!).
- 200mg 2 weeks vaginally 3 month long cycle. Currently on this regime, so fed up with doing this for a whole 2 weeks, want a change!

I'm suggesting:
- 100mg 2 weeks orally with 200mg one week vaginally. I think I could handle that.

Going back to my original post, does anyone have experience of using utrogestan orally and vaginally at the same time?

Thank you to Sheila who suggested cyclogest and other options, I would still need to consider how to take it.

I have one womb scan which was fine and due another one next month after course but before bleed as requested by my gynaecolgist.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 06:06:04 AM by Kingfisher »

discogirl

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2023, 06:10:19 AM »

Hi Kingfisher

I'm sorry I've never used utrogestan orally and vaginally at the same time.

Would it be worth posting a question to Dr Currie?

Pages: 1 [2] 3