Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Flax seed for joint pain  (Read 2067 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flax seed for joint pain
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2023, 08:45:43 AM »

;D

SarahT

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2023, 10:44:41 AM »

Oh Jaypo I know that kind of remark even now.... The " oh for crying out loud, just take the meat out and stop being so fussy" kind of remark! In that case, am proud to be forever fussy. 😁

It's our choice and our right to stick by any of our morals. Not always the easiest way to live but labelling on products so much clearer nowadays which helps, and on cleaning stuff an beauty products too.  And supplements now being made vegan if possible too.  Even if vegan cheese still mostly tastes like a brick....😍

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2023, 11:27:50 AM »

Probably because vegan cheese is, well, a brick  :-X ............

For over 30 years I had to avoid onions because they made me really, really ill  :'(.  I love 'em.  Unless they were boiled for hours when my gut could tolerate them. 

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2023, 11:37:16 AM »

Aahahaha you're so right clkd,vegan cheese is barf  ;D
The other comments I get are......what DO you eat,or ......I don't like veg, I could NEVER be vegetarian,like that all we eat  ;D ;D

SarahT

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2023, 11:55:11 AM »

Also.... "Vegetarians diet is soo healthy".  Umm. Yes I work hard to get a healthy balanced diet.... Except those days when I can't be bothered and dinner is a vegan battered sausage and chips!!! Oven baked mind so could be worse.😂

jaypo

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2023, 12:03:34 PM »

Haha have you hear of or do you know Romesh Ranganathan? He's vegan and huge,so don't know where they get that we're all super healthy,ice cream anyone?  ;D

SarahT

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2023, 12:21:57 PM »

Yes he is! I know I could stand follows a few pounds, but energy good today so just had a long hard walk..feel that happy half fit half knackered way.

But now you mention it.... Mmm. Ice cream.🍦 double flake please... ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2023, 01:30:22 PM »

There's no such thing as a vegan 'sausage'  >:(.  Why can't the community give them proper, appropriate vegan names?

I love my veg I does ...... especially roasted in the oven.  Any left over are either eaten cold or added to soup.  [which I don't eat]. 

I read an article last night about 'all this', when/if I remember I'll get it to the Forum.   ::). If I do forget, give me a nudge?

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2023, 02:51:01 PM »

But there isn't an animal called a sausage clkd  ;D it's only referring to shape,I'm sure there's a rude joke lurking somewhere  ;D

SarahT

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2023, 03:11:51 PM »

I agree with CKLD, my veggie husband hates those terms, like chickenkess fillets etc. Or even meat free as a term, reinforces the thought of eating animals. (Again, not a problem for me if others chose do so, we should all have our free choices).

But I just know someone will come up with a sausage joke judging by other forum posts...😯

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 03:17:24 PM »

'sausage' is a legal term for those long, pinkish coloured, minced-animal meat which may be mixed with rusk as a filler.  It's an art form to fill those skins with the meat which pours from a machine at a steady rate: there used to be a competition programme for people to try various 'skills', I think that Brucie was compare?

So come on Girls - a joke  :P  ???

'meat-free' is OK.  It says what the product might be.  Also dachshunds are known as 'sausage' dogs  8)

jaypo

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2023, 03:24:05 PM »

I agree with CKLD, my veggie husband hates those terms, like chickenkess fillets etc. Or even meat free as a term, reinforces the thought of eating animals. (Again, not a problem for me if others chose do so, we should all have our free choices).

But I just know someone will come up with a sausage joke judging by other forum posts...😯
Not me Sarah,as people will tell you on here I'm all sweetness and light 😇😇🤣
I don't think calling a veggie sausage, a sausage is actually hurting anyone,it's just for convenience,unless any of you would like to make a suggestion.......careful now  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2023, 03:56:40 PM »

It's up to the vegan/vegetarian community to come up with some clean and appropriate  ;D

As another aside: R U aware that flax was grown and processed for linen at Sandringham ?  It's usually a pretty pale blue flower which opens to the sunshine, occasionally it's a dark cerise. 

jaypo

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2023, 05:34:37 PM »

Think I'll just stick to calling them meat free sausages otherwise goodness knows what I'd end up calling them  ;D

SarahT

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2023, 06:30:00 PM »

And I'll just buy whatever's on offer at Tesco regardless of its name anyway! Yes Jaypo, aka Ms  sweetness. Think your hall is slipping a bit.

Road is so pretty in the fields we sometimes see a field near us. Not being too botanical I think glad and linseed are the same thing. Just spelled differently.

But two teaspoons of crushed flax in yoghurt this evening so feel optimistic. 😁

Thanks ladies for another diverse thread, need a bit of daft in our lives! Long live our fave sausages!  whether they be  innuendo or actual food stuff. X
Pages: 1 [2] 3