Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding on HRT  (Read 1448 times)

AndyC

• First Flush
Heavy bleeding on HRT
« on: April 23, 2023, 09:20:33 AM »

Hi, I'm new here so apologies if rhis has been answered before. I am 55 and i have been on HRT for nearly 3 years  taking Utrogestan 100 daily and 2 pumps of Oestrogel. Recently I have found that depression and nausea and some upset tummies have become an issue and after talking through with my GP about a month ago I changed to taking the Utrogestan vaginally. I've had small bleeds all the way through (and scans) nothing to worry about apparently. I had a MASSIVE bleed for a week 2 weeks ago, was sent for  a scan straight away and I should have the results in the next few days. To my horror after only a week since it stopped I'm bleeding again. Bright blood and heavy. I can't talk to my GP until Tuesday as she is part time. I really don't feel great taking  progesterone orally. I've had a mirena coil in the past and that made me feel terrible, I also can't face coming off HRT as I had 12 years of flushes every 20 minutes and I just can't do that again. Suggestions please from anyone who has had anything similar happen. Thanks so much.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heavy bleeding on HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 10:36:13 AM »

:bighug:

:welcomemm:

It may be that you require more Oestrogel, hopefully some1 will be along with advice.  Many suffer during the progesterone part of a regime  :-\.  It mayB that your own hormones are joining in or it's the change of regime.

I had nausea prior to a bleed every month; in my mid-30s I would have to be near a loo because 10 mins B4 a bleed began I would have to rush with 'the runs'  :o - even if a period wasn't due.  It would appear  >:(

Is the depression cyclical? 

AndyC

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »

I was wondering whether to up the oestrogen to 4 pumps. I've got some flushes occasionally that were under control until recently so it maybe that's the answer.  I was waking with nausea and depression most days on oral utrogestan. It's gone since taking vaginally.  Thanks for your reply.l appreciate you taking the time 😁

GraceM

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »

I was wondering whether to up the oestrogen to 4 pumps. I've got some flushes occasionally that were under control until recently so it maybe that's the answer.  I was waking with nausea and depression most days on oral utrogestan. It's gone since taking vaginally.  Thanks for your reply.l appreciate you taking the time 😁

Oestrogen is the 'bleeding hormone' so I would be very wary of increasing that if you are experiencing heavy bleeds already.