Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel advice please.  (Read 475 times)

misskh

Oestrogel advice please.
« on: April 20, 2023, 07:32:59 PM »

12 weeks post op from Laparoscopic total hysterectomy and Bilateral salping oophrectomy and I feel shattered all the time, having had a chat with the Dr they reccomend giving HRT a try in the form of Oestrogel.

I've read the leaflet, it's extensive and explains things quite well the do's and don'ts but I was just looking for tried and tested advice please.

The leaflet mentions not using strong cleaners or detergents, are normal shower gels ok to use?

I've also read that some people split their daily dose, one AM one PM, I've been prescribed 2 pumps to start, so would you recommend this or just do the 2 at the same time?

Although I was using Vagifem and Estriol cream pre hysterectomy I stopped in October last year on Dr's advise while tests were being carried out and once post op until the histology report came through which it has now and showed adenomyosis was the cause, it's been suggested to not restart these incase of estrogen overdose.
Is anyone using Oestrogel along with Vagifem/Estriol cream?

While I'm a bit concerned about using this HRT I really don't want to keep feeling so tired, I've literally fell asleep 2 afternoons this week and don't want to continue along these lines.

Dotty

Re: Oestrogel advice please.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 07:38:39 PM »

Hi I’ve used Oestrogel for 5 years and it’s brilliant.

Use two pumps in the morning…1 on each inner thigh or outer arms and shoulders.

Yes, you can use it with Vagifem.

Don’t use creams or moisturising shower gels on the areas where you apply Oestrogel.  I don’t use shower gels, but they should be ok as long as they don’t contain moisturiser .