Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No bleed after cyclic progesterone  (Read 518 times)

mforest

No bleed after cyclic progesterone
« on: April 20, 2023, 12:13:21 PM »

Hi, anxious and worried, have used 14 day cyclic progesterone 2 times over past months.  First time had withdrawal bleeding.  This month didn’t have a bleed.  Now I’m scheduled for endometrial biopsy next week. 

Trying not be be scared about biopsy.  I’m 54, blood test show still peri, last natural cycle was 5 months ago then was put on cyclic progesterone to keep lining thin. 
Last ultrasound few months ago after cyclic bleed was 5mm. 

Any insight about biopsy and why progesterone stopped working? 

sheila99

Re: No bleed after cyclic progesterone
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 10:16:42 PM »

It seems some women don't bleed on sequi hrt, I bleed about 1in 3 when my own cycle isn't involved. It could be there hasn't been enough build up for a bleed or it could be your own cycle is overriding the hrt and you'll bleed when your own hormones decide. Do you take the 14 days prog every month?

mforest

Re: No bleed after cyclic progesterone
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 01:56:50 AM »

Thanks for your reply and insight!
I take bio progesterone vaginal cream only for 14 days a month.  I am not on any HRT estrogen yet.  Thinking maybe the progesterone isn’t enough to counteract my normal estrogen level with blood test show fluctuate. 

I skipped a month between taking the progesterone due to a trip and forgot to pack it. 

Last couple of months was hoping to see what my own hormones decide to do but my Dr. was concerned about missed cycles, endometrial build up, advanced age still in peri etc.