Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update  (Read 841 times)

Toomuchstress

Update
« on: April 20, 2023, 09:44:05 AM »

Hi All ,

Just an update everyone ,
I just had a telephone consultation appointment with my gynaecologist and I'm soooo thankful I did ,
My doctor who switched me from utrogestan and lenzetto spray to Evorel Sequi ,
Did NOT tell me that there were two types of patches inside all I was told is "change a patch every 4 days"

So I just went in the box grabbed a patch and did just that , not knowing there are 2 types of patches in the box , no wonder I was experiencing "on edge" type of feeling ,
And came off HRT completely,
And have been bleeding for a month, 

I have health anxiety and have thought the worse and put on tablets by the doctor to try and stop the bleeding ,
When all along ive put a mix mash of hormones into my body with different patches ,

I'm angry that the doctor didn't tell me any part of that , it would have given me peace of mind, 

I thought I'd update everyone incase the same might have happen to someone else who gets them off a GP that doesn't explain everything,

And thank you everyone for all your replies it means so much to women like myself who doesn't have anyone they can ask for advice ,
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart

Love n Light ❤️

Flossieteacake

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »

Thank goodness it is all sorted now. Terrible of the DR not to explain anything to you. >:(

I hope you feel better soon .

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 10:36:16 AM »

Glad you are sorted.

I strongly believe that there should be more active education and information provide by medics when they prescribe HRT. People need to understand exactly what each hormone is required for and how important it is to manage the balance of dosage. I am horrified when I speak to friends who have no knowledge about what they are taking. They think I'm some sort of expert, which I am obviously not, but I like to understand what I am feeding my body and why. The fact this forum is so heavily depended on says it all.

ToriiJ

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 12:51:18 PM »

This happened to me, although I didn’t go through what you did. Sorry to hear you had a rough time.

My doctor didn’t explain anything when I first started the Evorel Sequi patches, it was only pure luck that I put the first couple on in the right order, it was only when I came to the progesterone part that I realised half the box were different.

It is unbelievable how little GPs know about the menopause.

This forum has been a lifeline to me at times too.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 01:37:07 PM »

It's so important to read the PIL before taking any medication, it tells you how to take it, any contra indications and what side effects you may experience. Doctors are only human and they do sometimes make mistakes (happened to me twice, once the pharmacist picked it up, the other time I did when I read the PIL).

Losingtheplot

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 01:55:42 PM »

Hi All ,

Just an update everyone ,
I just had a telephone consultation appointment with my gynaecologist and I'm soooo thankful I did ,
My doctor who switched me from utrogestan and lenzetto spray to Evorel Sequi ,
Did NOT tell me that there were two types of patches inside all I was told is "change a patch every 4 days"

So I just went in the box grabbed a patch and did just that , not knowing there are 2 types of patches in the box , no wonder I was experiencing "on edge" type of feeling ,
And came off HRT completely,
And have been bleeding for a month, 

I have health anxiety and have thought the worse and put on tablets by the doctor to try and stop the bleeding ,
When all along ive put a mix mash of hormones into my body with different patches ,

I'm angry that the doctor didn't tell me any part of that , it would have given me peace of mind, 

I thought I'd update everyone incase the same might have happen to someone else who gets them off a GP that doesn't explain everything,

And thank you everyone for all your replies it means so much to women like myself who doesn't have anyone they can ask for advice ,
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart

Love n Light ❤️

Hi Hunni

I totally relate to this as same thing happened to me!!  So you are not alone.

I think I was quite confused at the time of the appointment as patches and tablets were mentioned.  I was also prescribed Evorel Sequi and like you I reached into the box and picked a different patch after 4 days in the same week!  Luckily I have a close friend who I contacted for some advice and then I also read the PIL and then removed the incorrect patch immediately so I didn't suffer any side effects.

It would be helpful if the GP's atleast explained that there would be 2 different kinds of patches in the box I know they are not very knowledgeable about HRT etc but surely this is basic information to provide to a poor hormonal woman ( talking about me here) who isn't thinking straight.

I hope things are going well on Evorel Sequi for you.  Unfortunately this HRT on week 3 and 4 patches didn't suit me and I suffered terrible side effects
xxxxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 05:51:29 PM »

Hello ladies

I agree with sheila99, it is so important to read the PIL before taking any medication although
I appreciate it is tempting to just dive in, especially if we believe we have been given all the relevant information.

Also we are encouraged  to believe that HRT is a simple fix, for example we hear that we are only replacing the hormones that we have lost so we don't expect any problems. The number of women on this site who are struggling with their HRT demonstrates that finding the right regime is not easy.

I have found that messing with hormones is a frustrating and tiresome business and I have often been disappointed with the advice of medics.

Toomuchstress - I am so glad that you found a solution to your problem and that the lovely ladies on the forum were able to help you.
I would say however that some of your experiences may just be related to HRT or the Meno in general. For example the 'on edge' feeling you describe is very common and my trusty Meno book attributes this to the overall decline in Oestrogen nevertheless I hope things settle for you soon.

Wishing you all well ladies and take care.

K.

Toomuchstress

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 10:51:01 PM »

I do try and read all medications but they are so long and I felt the information goes through mostly if your on Evorel Conti ,

I've had a very weird time , weird being that since being off HRT altogether (even though I was bleeding) , I've not had much anxiety , panic attacks , I've woken most mornings wanting to get out of bed and do things ,
I NEVER did before as I'd lie in bed all day and feel drained ,

I've gone out with my husband and had some fun ,
Now I've started thinking .......I bet this feeling dwindles , I'm trying to stay positive and my gynaecologist agreed I stay off HRT for a few months for my body to get back to normal (my periods ) and she said she will keep me on her patient list so I feel any peri symptoms and wish to try HRT again , I can ring her secretary and book a telephone consultation,

I'm just so gutted that the years have flown by and I didn't ask for help with fertility ,

I've never been able to get pregnant,  had tests along my life path but they never found anything ,

My last scan on my abdomen the lady doing it said she seen a follicle on my left ovary , and said that was good ,
But I'm 45 years old,  well 46 this year , the thought lll never be a mum is heartbreaking ,

And I cannot afford any IVF  😢